Can't experiment to 2nd tier/time

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by quester770, Oct 19, 2013.

1. quester770 Member

Right now I have an experimental (successfully experimented on it once) imbued blackened iron spatha. But, I can not experiment on it again, unless I want to add a decoration. I see no reason to risk losing the item to add a decoration, since there is an NPC that can do it for you.

I can not add another effect. I can at least view the boost stat menu, but can not select to either add more stamina of more agility, it says it's not effective on the item (meaning I can't do it? Then, why even show me the menu?) Aren't I supposed to be able to experiment of it up to 5 times. Yes, I do have 5 points put into experimentation.
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

Are you 95 tradeskill?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The lowest tier crafted items can't be experimented 5 times. That would be ridiculously overpowered -- because at that level, bronze and steel mastercrafted is ridiculously overpowered even without experimentation.
  4. quester770 Member

Yes

Well, it looks like I can experiment on it at least twice, but I'm not going to risk losing it just to add a decoration. Unless, after I do so, it will let me add another effect or +stat% to it.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

You will only ever be able to add one effect no matter what the quality or level of the item is.

Lower level items, it's pretty pointless to add any bonus stats. The most you get on a t2-t4 item I think it +1. NOT worth the time to even bother.

Just add one of the effects to each piece. That's more than powerful enough for a lvl 12-19 item.