Can't complete 'A Split in the Ashen Order'

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Rakk, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Rakk Active Member

First of all, I apologise for the incoming essay :)

So, I started the quest 'A Split in the Ashen Order' in December 2010 and still can't complete it, I petitioned in Dec 2010/Jan 2011 (or sometime roundabout then) and was told to watch out for patch notes for a fix - well some 4 years later and I've yet to see those patch notes or see it fixed :),so I petitioned again, and have been told that the problem has been sent to the devs but I should try posting on the forums cos the devs may see it here and respond.

The issue: as said I started the quest 'A Split in the Ashen Order' in December 2010, for the quest I have to speak to Kufu (in the zone 'The Cave of Knowledge') but when I go talk to Kufu he will not advance the quest, and I've been stuck at that point ever since - noting that this is the tenth quest in a questline of 11 (also note that quest number 6 had to be done 15-20 times and quest number 7 has to be done 10-15 times - so in essence by this point in the questline I've done 35-45 quests).

So, some extra relevant details, the Ashen Order questline is the good side questline, I did the Ashen Disciples questline when Freeport was my home, and betrayed to Qeynos and started the Ashen Order questline, the original GM I spoke to gave the impression it would be fixed at some point, the GM's I've recently spoken to reckon that if you do the evil line you then can't do the good line as well - though if that's the case why did it let me get to he second to last quest in the good line?
    Kufu accuses me of being a spy when I talk to him - now, I'm a citizen of Qeynos, yet my faction with Qeynos is only at 14k (rather than the normal 40k) - I think when I last betrayed something went wrong with the faction amounts and once the betrayal is over you can't actually increase your home city faction at all - could this be causing an issue - or is it I'm just plucking at straws at this point :)

So, if any devs are out there and could respond/help in any way it would be much appreciated, or if anyone else has done both quest lines then please let me know :)
  2. Ashlie Active Member

I have the same problem and I'm stuck in the exact same place you are. As for the faction, somewhere along the line we stopped getting the faction back to ally when finish the betrayal quests.

I've had this quest in my journal since April of 2010. They finally fixed the quests in the Feerrott (some time back) so you could complete both the good and evil alignments. I don't think we should be able to get so far into the questline if we're not going to be able to finish the quest.

Still hoping for a fix.