Cannot patch game

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Skuffle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Skuffle Member

2. Lamatu Active Member

The patcher is up and running. This sounds like a windows permission or antivrus/firewall issue if it wont let you write to that directory.

If it does start working like normal for you I would still suggest you create a custom folder like c:/games and drag your eq2 folder into it.

The game no longer does a default install into the program data folder to avoid such issues as the one you may be having if its a permissions issue.
  3. Skuffle Member

I'm not certain what the problem is since I was patching and playing fine yesterday and indeed early this morning up until the game went down for updating. Now...nada. Same error each time.
  4. Venomizer Member

a common reason you cannot write to everquest.exe is cuz its running. Close the client. if its not open check with windows manager to be sure. reboot your computer.

This is a more likely cause than folder permissions being changed.

Is your computer plugged into the wall? check your outlet. :)
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

I had this error once. It turns out Everquest.exe was running - even though I'd closed out the game the night before.

Go to task manager and see if you have everquest.exe running as a program or a process. If so, end the process. Then try again.
  6. Skuffle Member

"Is your computer plugged into the wall? check your outlet." o_O It is indeed plugged in :p

The game is not running as a program or process. Patch still fails with the same error.
  7. Skuffle Member

Servers are up according to a friend. Still unable to patch game, receiving same error. Any other suggestions?
  8. Skuffle Member

Support ticket filed. Still waiting.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You're not an EU player with Prosieben? Those unfortunate players have to wait for tomorrow to get the patch according to this official announcement.
  10. Skuffle Member

No, US midwest player. Absolutely no problem at all until today.
  11. Skuffle Member