Cannot get "Collecting On What Is Earned" in CL

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sunborne, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Sunborne Member

Brandus Levine on the Commonlands docks use to have a series of quests. He is now offering only his first quest, "The Mysterious Missing Shipment", with the follow-on quest from Nethet, "A Friend in Need". When I turn in the "Missing Shipment" to Brandus, he wants me to go kill Dervishes, but the only response available to me is to tell him to pack sand. This has happened on two toons (both evil, one each Freeportian and Gorwysh) about a week apart. What gives?

Convenience links: eq2i's "A Mysterious Missing Shipment" quest and the Brandus Levine page with quest list
  2. Mezaka Active Member

Did you turn in/finish 'A Friend in Need' before you finished 'Missing Shipment'? Some of the 'old' quest series were set up in such a way that if you completed one quest before another, you wouldn't be able to finish the other. It has literally been years since I did this quest series, so I really don't know if this is still the case with this one.

Also, if you need to hail a character to complete a quest, if they don't respond to you, instead of right clicking on them and choosing hail, left click on them and try hitting 'h' - don't ask me why sometimes this trick works, but it does.

Hope this helps.

--Mez
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I had some trouble with this quest series but was told it was because I wasn't freeportian. Since you had trouble with a freeportian toon, I have to assume that answer won't work for you ;(
  4. Sunborne Member

"A Friend In Need" has to be completed before "A Mysterious Missing Shipment" can be updated. Nethet will not talk about Brandus' quest until "Friend" has been turned in (you actually have to hail him a second time after completing his quest to update "MIssing"). After getting the update Brandus completes "Missing" just fine, and appears to want you to do another quest ("I need you to kill Dervishes!"). It is the player's choice of responses that is lacking: the only option is the goody-Q-shoes, "You're dealing in slaves, I want nothing to do with you!", questline-ending response.

I really hope it is broken and not removed. It is heartbreaking to this questaholic to think another four quests just - FWIP! - written off.
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Did this character ever betray or switch citizenships?
  6. Sunborne Member

Neither character has ever betrayed or switched citizenships.