can you solo Volot in siren's grotto?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sinza_Necro, May 12, 2013.

1. Sinza_Necro New Member

I can't solo Volot (the big frog) in Siren's Grotto as a 95 necro with decent gear.
    I usually use my mage pet, grim sorcerer, and even tried the undead knight.
    Tried my SK merc first then a healing Merc.
    The problem is the little froggy adds, 10 at a time.
    They have too much damage, and I can't survive long enough to burn them down with AOE's and even tried letting my pet solo on Volot while I tried to kill each little frog one at a time.

Any suggestions?
  2. Zypherous New Member

Have you tried using the items that you can pick up from around the grotto? There are items that can do 30% health damage or heal you for 25%, etc.

I play a wizzy, but my brother plays a necro and had no trouble. I think the healer merc is a good choice, set him to heal only and stay a bit away from the mob. Save your AoEs for when the adds pop and use tox and aoe them to take them down, maybe that will help along with the use of items.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  3. Bloodlich Member

I'm using the CoE templar merc with my mage pet and I just focus on the named. After he is down the adds should be no problem.
  4. Sinza_Necro New Member

Bloodlich,

Your recommendation worked first try. Set the mage pet on it and had the heal merc assist as well as heal.
    Unloaded everything in the frog and he died before the first wave could me summoned.

Thanks
    Arielle Nightshade and Bloodlich like this.