Can we please revisit the Guild Hall music question?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

.... I mean revisit it like rational people. I'm honestly not trying to criticize and I know it has been discussed to death (often fractiously), but no positive changes have resulted.

I'm sure lots of people love the music in their guild hall. I just don't like one of the GH musics and I wish I had some options that made it more comfortable for me and others who dislike this or that music. I like the people in my guild, and they take precedence over the choice of GH. But I end up hitting mute if I zone to the GH all the time.

Without singling out one GH music source, what if we had one or more of these options:

1. Separately listening to our own in game music choice and being able to separately choose the default music based on which of several music boxes, pianos, and other musical objects are present in the GH. If the object is removed, the default goes back to the default GH music until you change it again (for yourself only)

2. An option could show up when you right click the door, "Music". And the list that you see is based on the placed items in the GH.That choice becomes the default if you click "default." If it's an object, then it gives you a waypoint to the object so you can click it (thus the object and graphics for it are not redundant). If you are standing next to it, then the Default button is live, otherwise, it is gray.

3. OR if the Guild Leader could choose the default music from among the following options:

* the default as it is today
    * the City music (the Skyshrine GH music could include the Skyshrine Contested music, the Highkeep could include the ToV overland zone music, otherwise, Gorowyn, Kelethin, etc based on location of the GH)
    * the Faction music (Freeport or Qeynos city music in any GH that's not located there)

Option 3 would solve the problem of "selected music" such as a piano or snowglobe. Because you could still pre-empt the music just like you can now, by clicking an object. And that code doesn't need to change in that case.

I'm not sure I've thought of every possible situation, but I hope it's a start for some ideas on how to make this nicer for people. If you have ideas for how to simply solve this, let me know.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If my guild hall had that music from the Mushroom Bar in ToT, I would totally sell the guild hall and move on. I cannot even stand doing any of the quests that require me to be in listening distance from that Mushroom Bar.

Cyrrena
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

eq2/music/zones/Guildhalls : change the music to whatever you want :p
    My personal suggestion is to replace it with music/zones/exp12/mx_kander_theme
    santargria likes this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

I've tried but doesn't seem to work for me
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Not sure what song the smaller gh's use, poke around you'll find it.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

I found it but am unable to change it

I've renamed the new file to the name of the gh file but still plays the old music

Must be doing something wrong
  7. Shonto Member

Easy-peasy. Create a custom_music\zones\Guildhalls folder in your EverQuestII folder. Put any mp3 you like in there, named FREEPORT_GUILDHALL.mp3 or QEYNOS_GUILDHALL.mp3 and it will be used in place of the real one. This folder and path is not touched by updates. Replicate the path for any other zone(s) you like and replace whatever music you care to.
    santargria likes this.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This was my experience as well.

The custom folder option worked perfectly though. Since this is only for me, I guess I don't have to bother anyone about voting for GH music. It's techy but it does fix my issue. Thanks @Shonto!

It also interrupts when I use the Piano just like before. I still wish for ingame music options to help customize the GH, but now it's more of a would be nice.
    santargria likes this.
  9. santargria Well-Known Member

Wow, that is very sweet!

Thanks