Can we please improve the Adventurer's Experience?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AngryConjy, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

@ level 99 with vitality i was getting .1 % per kill on undead outside of HKC. thats approximately 1000 kills. I was pulling 10 at a time on my pally.
  2. Llwellyn Active Member

He didn't say have vitality and go grind a bunch of mobs. He said have vitality and complete the dungeon missions, daily clicky quests, and weekly missions. The vitality bonus will multiply the payout of the mission completion. It doesn't affect what you earn while trying to complete it.

Given that there are 5 or 6 daily clicky missions (which half of were just changed to be easier) that also earn you Ferrins, plus the regular daily and weekly, and a mission for every solo, advanced solo or heroic you are going to set foot into - it is now very easy to fill those gaps, wherever you find them. Whether it's ending up at 97.5 and not being able to do the advanced solos or some of the heroics, or just not quite getting all the way to 100 after doing your own thing... it's very possible now and not at all like it was even roughly a week ago.
    Mizgamer62, Loredena and Prrasha like this.
  3. Jalek Active Member

I'm just staying at 95 adventuring until maxed on everything I can do, should be months at this rate. I can wander around the new expansion overland areas without needing a merc, and there're few groups and no guildies online anymore so not much to miss.
  4. Deago Well-Known Member

Triple quest experience would give me motivation to spend more cash on this game because...
    • Give it to all access (duh..)
    • The whole heroic toon thing never seemed awesome to me...call me crazy I like to start at level 1
    • I would create so many new alts so would need to buy more slots
    • Would actually read the lore/quests from the creative team...thus allowing my inner RP to come forward which would motivate me to buy more SC items...(okay stretched)
    • You know the sound that causes happiness in this game and eq 1 ? That ding sound? Make it happen more frequently. More joy, more folks, more money spent. The "duuuh trivial already man why make it more trivial" argument is ...come on let us be real.
    My 2 cents.
    :p
    AngryConjy likes this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I missed this earlier and you need to be properly scolded for agreeing with Talathion. :p Encouraging the use of old zones is counterproductive. There have been a number of occasions, where they point this out in interviews and such. It's better to focus on new stuff, rather than constantly looking back. Re-purposing old zones, on the other hand, is just fine. The next set of Fabled zones will be Faydwer. We'll probably get that in the spring.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Veeman Active Member

"Can we please improve the Adventurer's Experience?"
    No
    Filly67 likes this.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

XD I just seriously wish they'd do SOMETHING to get peeps running old stuff again. Apparently announcing the total destruction of DM isn't enough :p

But yeah, I suppose you do have a point. Here's hoping PQ's or at least the next batch of LADs are done soon :p
    Griff likes this.
  8. hwy101 Active Member

The problem with this is that the people that jumped in to dmpl are all 100. They simply aint there. Mho you can buy a toon or pl a toon or you can play content and level em. But no matter how you get there can you play in a group or not.
  9. Loredena Active Member

My husband went to Kunark and ground. it's fast, but I hate to keep redoing that. So instead, I did the signature quest, ran each solo and adv solo in TS once (and tried to do the same in PS, which is iffier) making sure I had the missions! and did the overland missions and the clicky dailies. I actually found doing all of that quite fun, I got my levels, and I got gear and ferrin. I do think the instances take too long to crawl through, but they might get faster as we learn the zones and gear up. The clickies are obviously very quick though, so they are a great fill in. {Note that I can only play 3 days a week so it's not like I was going to skyrocket through the levels anyway, I might as well make it more entertaining for myself!}
    Prrasha likes this.
  10. Guy de Alsace Member

Glad I don't care about being max level. Remember when ppl used to deliberately switch off their xps so they could enjoy the content before reaching max?

Gone are the days and IMO it speaks volumes about recent content - or lack of it. AoM just seems - bare and lifeless to me. It doesn't even look like the Isle of Refuge....
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Fly over the first Island in Tranquil Sea, and pan your screen down. It's LITERALLY IoR flipped at a 180 degree angle.

And there are still plenty of peeps not obsessed with instantly being at max level. They just don't do so with their mains anymore, because they want at least one character experiencing current content, which you can't really blame people for. Honestly, it seems like the extreme bunch among nostalgia trippers are the actual problem lately, as they bash on any change that ruins their playstyle, which contradicts their entire statement in general.
    Loredena likes this.
  12. Guy de Alsace Member

I have no problem with new content but why make all the old content irrelevant?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. They have probably the biggest and oldest MMO world in the business and they have ignored or neglected a good 80% of it since velious came out. The new design ethic of the latest expac making the previous one pointless is just baffling.

I'd be a lot more inclined to buy the CE if it had more relevance to the entire game rather than just 5 self contained levels.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Old content is nowhere near irrelevant. Not if you actually WANT to enjoy it. There are whole guilds on AB dedicated to locking in certain eras and doing them. Peeps run old content on alts that they don't want to hit max with all the time. And gear is updated at pretty much every tier to some extent, so it's not like you **** yourself by exploring old places.

The problem is that so many people are foolishly saying they CAN'T enjoy old content unless it's exactly like new content, or made level-agnostic, which is bollocks.

Also peeps need to realize that if they want anything done, they need to be submitting feedback in-game and on the forums, rather than ONLY posting in topics that are slightly related to one issue or another. Devs tend to respond if and when they can, however they also adhere to board rules which include not going off-topic in posts; meaning begging for old content revamps in the AA change topic or the DM nerf topics is not going to fly.
    Hijinx, Mizgamer62, Loredena and 2 others like this.
  14. Guy de Alsace Member

Oh I enjoy old content its just when you moved from one expac to the other prior to Velious you could still use the gear that it took you a LONG and arduous time to get until it outlevelled naturally. I could get decent use out of my Mythical on my Troub all the way through to Sentinel's Fate. That sucker took me FOREVER to get - the hard way not Epic Repercussions.

Now the ethic is ALL your hard earned gear is made instantly outlevelled on release day. None of it is worth a damn because the lowest possible tier of gear - handcrafted - is better than some of the best gear you could get in the last expac.

I have no interest in wasting time trying to gear up as fast as possible knowing full well in 12 months all of the gear you sweated and toiled to gain will be immediately made worthless overnight and all the coins you earned and tokens you grinded are equally as worthless.

So I'm not looking for old content revamp - its fine as is, I'm looking for a less awkward and jerky levelling experience post level 90.

Whats level 105 going to be like? 1.5 million HP just wearing handcrafted? 500,000 damage per hit? Mobs closing in on a billion HP?

Crazy!
    Thalador likes this.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The mythical was relevant in RoK and the cap didn't raise for two years, so it's not the best example.

That's how level cap raises have generally functioned, anywhere.

And here you've caught on to how progression in an MMO is supposed to work. It's supposed to take some time to get caught up and progress. Don't even worry about what's coming next. It's not worth it.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  16. Castles Active Member

this too would violate Play Windstalkers Way rules. EQ2 is not EQ1, it never was a place to level by mob camps as with EQ1. if this was to be changed the DM haters would then cry that people were skiping content by playing like this.... enough said about this issue, please return the game to Play Our Way (less any exploits of course).
  17. kluxor Well-Known Member

This new aa change is honestly the best thing for pre 90s. Now there is another option for leveling that completely replaces dungeon master and makes all old content, especially contested dungeons completely relevant again. Why is no one ever in a gem like ruins of varsoon or runnyeye anymore? It's because if you finish a few levels in there you'd be so far behind on AA's since you weren't completing questlines and clearing all the named mobs.
    Now I can do groups of old content, or molo but not as fun, without fearing falling behind. When I hit that 280 number, that's when I can return to pick up the aa from namers I skipped and get a lil more exp in the process. Believe it or not, there's a large group of players who prefer this old school method of grinding levels compared to running trivial quests for the millionth time.
    AngryConjy likes this.
  18. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

No, not increased XP.

Increased content; at minimum a sufficient quantity of quality content to reach max level without inflating the rewards. Preferably enough content to level 2 - 3 characters without repeating significant amounts of content, but I am realistic enough to know this will never happen.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There has been sufficient content and that content now gives a better reward with the new AA system. You should be able to get through to about 85 without repeating too much. Beyond that, options do run thin, as duplicating level content just isn't worth it.
  20. Elite Active Member

Read somewhere that the game engine was only designed to go up to level 100, so there will be no 105.