Can we just give rogues bulwark please?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Smashey, May 31, 2023.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

I don't know of any rogues who are asking for bulwark as a fix to rogues. That's a completely separate issue to giving or not giving them bulwark.

If you want to start that discussion, make a feedback thread about what you think is wrong with rogues.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'm not interested in wearing make up. They can, however, fix the rogue class, which is what I think you wear meaning to say, haha.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

For irony
    Taled and Dude like this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

Auto attack on the Guardian and Zerker... Best line I saw in this thread. Man those were the days! I miss having a good Guard or Zrker in grps that were just holding that aggro like a beast and putting up that auto attack dmg to maintain it! Please bring this back lol.

As for Bulwark, yea, beat to death. Just remove it and make it a mit/avoidance check and make fighter gear possess the tools to get through it heh...

I don't need any changes to my Swash, unless your handing out more AE candy!! ;)
    Raeven and Arclite like this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

What is the infatuation of doing nothing for dps?

Why do people want to stand there and have nothing they do actually matter?

Go watch tv or something instead?
  6. Aethos Well-Known Member

It's not really a tank line so much as a defense line.

I'd be all for adding in some stuff to make rogues being able to spec into being a legit tank though, provided their damage reflects the choice made. I enjoyed rogue tanking back in the day.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

I don't know, if it was just simply defensive stats I might agree here. But it also increases hate and aggression which to me indicates it was meant to draw aggro away from other players. Which is entirely what a tank is supposed to be in theory right? I mean aggro the mob, increase hate and hold his ****...
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat amazed that people continue to beat the "no autoattack" drum. I agree, it got way overpowered and when you could sit there and no nothing and top the charts, something is wrong. Change was needed. That said, if autoattack makes no sense, then why put delay on weapons? Why have a whole set of stats associated with it that appear to be meaningless any more? I'm not averse to having some degree of auto attack, but keep it balanced. If it's actually not needed, then clean the game up and remove references to it in the stats and the game itself.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Uhhh, Auto attack is just fine on scouts. Please don't change anything. If your not speced for Auto attack or do not understand how it works, you need to do your homework. Making suggestions like this is a little presumptuous if your not using it properly. Most suggestions should be to improve or correct something you fully understand. It's working for almost all classes and I assume the ones it doesn't work so well on just excel at Spell/CA abilities being boosted rather than Auto Attack.

Note to team: Please don't mess with the options we have as scouts. It is all balanced well, but takes work and testing/practice to make it work.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything was wrong with it. What I was responding to is Priority's earlier comment. My point, yes, it was OP some years back and saw some major nerfing. Go back and reread my first sentence. I like autoattack and, if anything, want it in the game. My point was--if someone wants to belly ache about autoattack, where's the comments about amending stats, etc.
    Jrox likes this.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

They put them in for the same reason mages have block. Because Itemization is too lazy to make cohesive gear based on the mechanics that they, themselves, implemented.

I still don't have to believe that doing nothing for 80% of your damage potential is good or engaging gameplay
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

I don't know about this. Most good players play with a macro so what in the world is the difference. I still have to customize my build for gear and AA to make it work same as a Wizard running a macro right?
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Who said it was?
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

Hey, yall do you. Game is hella boring when nothing you cast matters and you can simply turn on autoattack and walk away.

If thats the game you wanna play, enjoy it.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And you're here--why? Outside of complaining, that is.
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

Because I play a Fighter main, have bulwark, and don't care if everybody has Bulwark or they remove it.

Your entire post about autoattack damage was a complaint, so the irony is strong that you're questioning my reasons for being here.
  17. Thand Well-Known Member

well people complained to much so they made Bulwark hit Harder ) Because healers in Full Bis raid and contested gear could heal through h1 and h2 heroic bulwarks, making Bulwark hit harder or adding tank stacks will not convince more people to play tank mains.
    Jrox likes this.
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

Only H2 and H3 bulwarks were changed.

Changing how hard bulwark hits won't effect whether or not people want to play tanks - If you miss Bulwark as a tank now people already give you crap for it, it won't change because it's more dangerous. All it does is prevent people from avoiding the necessity of having a fighter in their group for H2+ content.
    Jrox likes this.
  19. Thand Well-Known Member

yah they need to make tanks more Attractive to play and not just there for Bulwark and Tank stacks, Part of the probems seen to be the gear requiements to be an effective tank are Greater than any other class so they are harder to kit out. I know many who tryed to start out as a tank and switched because of that,
    Aethos, Jrox, Priority and 1 other person like this.
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

Fighters and tanking in general is broken on live. This isnt the thread for that discussion, though.

Give everybody Bulwark and get rid of fighter requirements for group/raid content.