Can we get weekly/daily quests back on /welcome_info?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Shieldern, May 31, 2014.

1. Shieldern Member

I forget what expansion actually had this working but it was awesome. Especially since the quests give specific armor slots as rewards, you may be waiting for a specific zone to have the double quest for a double chance to get the piece you're looking for.

If you want to go the extra mile, you could have a little check-mark next to the quest if you've finished it already. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of which toons you've ran through and which you haven't. But I'd be happy just having them listed in /we again.

We know it's possible to do this, so the second question is, is there a reason behind its removal? Like do the devs think that making the trek to Vesspyr once a day improves the community/environment, etc?
    Gash, Abasinolanam and Eliziana like this.
  2. Abasinolanam Active Member

I'm surprised more people haven't liked this. It would be an awesome addition.
  3. TrulyVexed Active Member

Probably because it's been brought up a few times in the past. If I remember correctly, this isn't something that's handled completely in-game, it was a fairly heavy code and platform change which involved developers outside of the EQ2 team which is why it never happened. That said, I'd love to see this too!

Or if it's too difficult to make it happen in-game they could add the data to the API so it could be displayed on the Launcher or EQ2Wire etc, the current 18 hour window for missions can get a bit tiring when you discover that over the course of a nights sleep and going straight to work, you come home to find you've completely missed the Labs or Dom DD etc. Sure, if you've played the game enough you normally have a rough idea of which DD is coming up and roughly what time the mission will change but this shouldn't be left to guesswork, you should be able to plan accordingly.