Can we get the old lockouts changed?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Loladen, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

As in...Deathknell and the other similar lockouts?

You go into the zone. If your raid wipes, you can enter again in 12 hours. If you kill a boss and then leave, you can't enter for another 5 days.

No zoning in at all.

Seems like an archaic mechanic to me. Would be nice to change it to how today's lockouts work.
  2. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

There is a lot of appearance gear that needs farmed. Changing the lockouts on older content would be really neato.
  3. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

I still wish that there was a way that didn't involve high amounts of time and coding to simply eliminate the 'Red Lockout' completely, and convert all instances to 'Green Lockout' resettable instances.

It would 100% solve the problem of accidental zoneouts, though thankfully they have changed Deathtoll fairly recently (last year or so), which was supremely easy to mis-click and find yourself back in the Bonemire with a 8-hour failure lockout.

My pet peeve is setting up to work Court of Al'Afaz or Gates of Ahket Aken and then a nice piece of SLR goes up. I can either blow my lockout, or pass on bidding.

That's the kind of luck I have. Makes me a sad ratonga.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

By red lock outs you mean the ones that when you enter and haven't killed anything you are locked to that instance and can't even zone back in right?
    If that's the case, those are horrible mechanics. Maybe they had a place at some point in the game but the way the game is going, this should go the way of the dinosaur.
    I really wish could re enter a zone and not have to complete it in one go. Or maybe go ld (that's happened to me) and not able to zone back in with your group.

(now now, don't anybody jump over the edge, it's just my opinion :p )
  5. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Aye, by red lockouts, I mean the ones that are not persistent instances.

Many, especially the raid instances, give you a 'failure lockout' of 8 hours or more as soon as you zone in. That's crazy.

I've heard tell that it would take extreme amounts of programming to change all instances into persistent instances (i.e. "Green lockouts). I still wish they would explore it though. Red lockouts are a vestige of a long-faded past.
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

At this point, there's no reason why any of these old non-persistent instances/red lockouts should have a timer longer than 3 hours. What possible reward, loot, or XP in these zones could be exploited with such a mechanic?
    Also, there is no excuse for every one of these zones not to have a respawn point INSIDE the zone. There's still a level 20 instance in Commonlands that if you die, you respawn outside the zone.
  7. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Which one, Zarvonn's?
  8. ARCHIVED-Zmobie Guest

Fountain of Life in Silent City is still on old, antiquated lock-out.

Had to wait 5 days just because I forgot the Vessel in my bank, so I could run it again and finish that quest.
    --Nibs