Can we get an update on previously mentioned "adjustments"

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Nevao, May 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

akaglty wrote:
    My guess is that Xel is not authorized to talk on certain things without permission. When Xel was introduced by "the previous administration" it was with the caveat that he would not be posting nearly as much as the previous mechanic devs. I could be completely off base, just the impression I got.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Maybe they can't say anything because they got stuff they are working on for rangers but its not 'final'....
  3. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Nevao wrote:
    What do you want them to post? That they lied in beta and they havent done anything since then would just make them look worse than the liers they have already proven themselves to be ?
    Or wait they could post something more towards the truth > What do you guys want, its been almost 4yrs ( Game Update #38, September 12th, 2007) that we have been listening to your complaints and we have chosen not to address the complaints, your still playing, your still paying, get over it your working as intended, congratulations on being a solid T3 dps class, you work fine in single PuGs and are awsome in PvP. We really added BG's just so you rangers would have something you could be good at.
    Now GO Away, Thanks the SoE Dev Team /cha ching
  4. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Hell I would love that reply if that's what they were really thinking. I doubt they would do it though since it would guarantee a fair amount of people unsubbing including myself.
  5. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

If we could even get a dev to come in here and post "I read this" on a few of the big topics it would be a miracle!
  6. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

akaglty wrote:
    That would not be ok with me. They have done that several times months back, and done nothing since. I would like to know they have something in the works, what it is, what time frame we are looking at and that it is not going to be next expansion.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Venez@Permafrost wrote:
    I want an update on these items that they already discussed with us. Are these on the table still? Any idea on when they are going ot happen? I work in IT. I'm a Systems Analyst. I help design, test and train on business systems for my company. I interact directly with our intended customers of the software. That said I can completely understand not talking about features that have not yet been discussed. I can completely understand about being obscure about timelines (though in this case they have taken it way too far). But when someone asks me about a feature that I have already mentioned/promised I have to give an update/answer, even if it's just "we're still planning to do it." And that was the point of this thread. I know you're relunctant to talk about future plans but can we please get some kind of update on what you've already told us. The silence though speaks loudly, and it's looking more and more like "tell them whatever it takes to shut them up when they make too much noise in public places and then go back to what you were doing."
    But hey, what do I know?
  8. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I'm hoping against hope since they got their 'casual' game update out, with the PvP, starter city and some raids zones they are going to concentrate on more mechanical things now. But I've been hoping since February so I won't be making a bet on it any time soon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    I would hope so to, but unfortunately we will not know much until we see what direction SmokeJumper wants to take things. The random things I have heard make it sound more like a start of game/middle game concerns but who knows, they aren't exactly talking about it yet.
    Even if that is the case it may not matter as it's technically different resources to do a new zone vs AA/Ability tweaks, unless they have Xel (or whoever it is) doing multiple things.