Can someone please answer this....

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by chez477, Dec 29, 2020.

1. chez477 New Member

I asked this a few weeks ago and no one gave me a answer. I want to know about how to obtain the recipes that are from the other expansions. I got the latest one got my crafter from 96 to 120. From what I read is it correct that the recipes from other expansions are not available ? IF you buy the latest expansion and it gives you the content to all other expansions, why not the recipes or am I missing something?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Which recipes are you referring too? The regular recipes earned in the expansion are still available. If you are looking to obtain the ones that are part of the CE or PE purchases, then no, those are no longer available after the next expansion goes on sale. I'm not sure why they don't sell those individually on the marketplace or even for Loyalty tokens after that. Seems like easy money to me.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are some recipes that are pre-order benefits, which means that if you didn't pre-order, you don't get them.
  4. chez477 New Member

Thank you that is what I wanted to know. Seems like they should offer them for sale some where.
  5. chez477 New Member

Yes that is what I was looking for. Seems like they should offer those for sale some where.So, I guess I just miss out because I don't buy every expansion that comes along. :(
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

New players, returning players that came back "too late, ha-ha :p", etc., it's ridiculous. We've asked/begged/pleaded/groveled/nagged, etc., etc., etc. to have the recipe books (and the prestige houses! For pity's sake...) released eventually, and the only thing I can think of is that the Powers That Be are allergic to making money. :-/

Either that, or there's some stupid "unwritten contract" between them and the Collector's Edition and higher level customers that would feel slighted, or have hurty-wurty feelingses if anyone else had the chance to get something cool that they did. >:-/ If that's a requirement for their sense of self-esteem, let them be assuaged by pre-order stuff. >:-/

Good gods, the Powers are even making available stuff that used to only be available via the Fan Faire conventions, which theoretically actually had a written contract along those lines. :-/

My idea, and I'm probably not the only one to think along these exact lines (though I've seen similar ones promulgated by just about everyone who wants these), is the following: make the various extras, the differences between the Standard and Collector's Editions, available on the Marketplace as a la carte items, but more expensive than if they were gotten all at once with the Collector's Edition, and not until the last minute before the next expac is released. That way, anyone who wants to play the (hopefully now bug-free) latest expansion would still need to get at least the Standard Edition, and raiders can just get the raider stuff they want, regular adventurers could get that stuff, crafters could get the recipe books, etc., etc., etc. You want that lovely new mount? Buy it separately. Want that prestige house? Ditto. Want an Appearance hat that says, "Grovel before me, I could afford to get the Collector's Edition"? Sure, whatever. ;->

Want it all, right away, and cheaper than getting it piecemeal? Buy the Collector's Edition while you have the chance. BUT LEAVE THE A LA CARTE STUFF ON THE MARKETPLACE INDEFINITELY.

Looking at the latest release, Reign of Shadows, there are 10 things that the Collector's Edition has that the Standard doesn't. The difference between prices, barring any sales, is $89.99 - $34.99, or $55.00. Okay. So. Looking at this, $55/10 = $5.50 for each thing, individually. Sell each one of those separate items -- including the One Per Account items; if you get it a la carte through the Marketplace, you can only ever get one per account; it'll be flagged...or just go the simpler route with that and have the One Per Account stuff possibly not on the A La Carte menu. ;-> Leaving out those items, there's actually only seven things that a Collector's Edition has that a Standard doesn't, So, $55/7 = (roughly) $7.86 each, so the devs can round it up to $10 each, or whatever the going rate for a prestige house or mount or whatever would normally be on the Marketplace, whichever is higher. If you want everything in there, including the One Per Account stuff, it'd be cheaper getting it all at once, the usual way.

And again, don't put them on the Marketplace until the end of the expac in question. That way, the folks who want pre-order goodies (continue that! :D) and/or can't wait to have the latest/greatest in their hands NOW can get it, and the folks on Public Test doing what they do, etc. But for the rest of us...I could give less than a damn about the latest/greatest merc or familiar or even a mount, unless it offered something immensely cool and/or looked immensely cool (though frankly, Azzra Spiritboon is just a see-through Phoenix. So you can now see the Banker in front of someone on a phoenix, big deal; you still won't be able to reach them with those wings and tail in your face X-P), or even the training potions/scroll cases/etc., etc., etc. I want a t-shirt that just says, "I'm only here for the crafting." [or decorating!] :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.