Can Rangers use 2h Swords?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-jediiscott74, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-jediiscott74 Guest

I know that duel-wield is the prefered way to go with scouts, but i was hoping to use a 2h greatsword along with my bow, is this possible? My scout currently cant but will he be able to as i progress to predator and then to ranger?
  2. ARCHIVED-faranthil Guest

I believe we should be able to do so but i depends where the skill for the 2hd swords fall into and the min/max requirement for it
  3. ARCHIVED-Kagara Guest

No, we can not.

But as a side note, I have completely given up on slashing weapons all together, as most of our debuffs are for piercing, I am going to be picking piercing exclusivley, unless some major awesome sword of whoopass comes out.
  4. ARCHIVED-Azzazal Guest

Debuff may say pierce but i never once parsed pierce to gain huge dps with any debuff. 1hs etc gained the same dps.

On a side note dont over look 1hs and shield for straight solo work ( try from the 2 items from Stromhold ). At lvl 28 i gained around 100 ac from a shield and my dps was compareble to duel wield ( before anyone jumps on this, it was pre posion and dev clearly stated 1hs and duel wield pre this change would be same dps, also ber in mind the duel weild doesnt work the same as eq1 (( wish i could find the devs post on it)) ). The defense raise alone usuing this allowed me to take out, well things i shouldnt be lewking at.

As usual with any ranger char you will have various style of play. Dont negelet all forms of weapons.

Azza babey 17 red Runnyeye

Azzazal lvl 30s kick **ZOMG** ranger beta.
  5. ARCHIVED-NightFalcon Guest

that would be cool but i prefer dual wield