Can I transfer a home to another character

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Terminatus, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Terminatus New Member

I have a prestige home on a character on my account. I want to delete that character and transfer his prestige home to another toon on the same account. Is there a way to do this? If I relinquish ownership of a prestige home does it revert to a deed, for example?
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

There is no way to transfer a prestige home to another toon. The only thing you can do is relinquish ownership and reobtain the house again later but only the toon you claimed the deed. You can always /feedback the idea, I am sure others would like this feature.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

There was supposedly going to be a way to sell homes (which could theoretically work to switch a house to another toon, depending on which way they stuck with.), but they were kinda wishy-washy about how that was going to work, then announced a delay in when it was coming out, and haven't made a peep about it since. :\
  4. suka Well-Known Member

the prestige homes should really be heirloom- even after being claimed. that would be the best way to handle it. and yeah the sales of said homes has been pushed back for awhile- probably had a few issues with transferring title to them As it stands, relinquishing a home you paid cash money for and not being able to give it to another toon on the same account sucks.
  5. Senya Well-Known Member

I'd like to see items flagged for the account, not the character. I understand certain items (furniture, exp potions, services) not being account wide, but in my opinion buying a house deed (or appearance item, vanity pet, mount, etc) should work alot like collector's editions items (one per char). Marketplace purchases in some of SOE's other games are account-wide, and not limited to a single character. Your account is just flagged for that item and all characters can claim their own.

At the very least, items shouldn't have to be attuned, and relinquishing a prestige house should return the deed so it could be moved to another character.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing I liked about WoW was that a lot of their "Marketplace" equivalent items were across the account, so if you got a fancy mount for $25, every single one of your potentially 50 characters got one in the in-game mail (of course, with the 30-day limit on the in-game mail, you had to be quick about claiming it, or else). If you didn't have 50 characters, you could still get it in the mail once you created a new one. :)

Uwk
    proud owner of the WoW Pegasus mount on each of his WoW alts...a truly beautiful critter, reminiscent of the Spirit Steed, but looking more like a flying horse made of Aerogel (barded with coruscating energy barely restrained) and containing the constellation Pegasus, with all its stars... :)