Can I have a few hints?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Breezy, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breezy New Member

I got lost in the city of hate (just started playing again and can't remember the name). But what is it? If its something with a story behind it, can I be pointed toward the start of the quest line or anything that explains it?
    [IMG]

Thanks!
  2. Innania Member

Norrath is based in no small part on the "Forgotten Realms" series of books (R. A. Salvatore is a huge EQ1 fan, and I know he played for many years).

Neriak, the city of the dark elves, is loosely based on Menzoberranzan, the primary Drow (dark elf) city of the Forgotten Realms stories. In that city, the dark elves use magic to decorate their dark cavernous home with bright colored lights.

That image appears in Neriak in EQ1, so the devs probably just copied it over. I don't remember it having any specific significance.
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Funny story, it was actually an important House's symbol in EQOA, I forget which House though. Either J'narus or U'dedne I believe. Most of those clans have pretty much died out in EQ2 aside from a few npc's that are clearly pleasant references to the two houses.

J'narus is still alive in EQ1 though, while U'dedne did something (Hint: His name sounds kinda like Dissed More) that seems to have gotten them mostly gone from the pages of history in that timeline :p
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

how can Mayong be part of any of the DE houses, when we know that Mayong is older then any of the player races.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

Not that I know what Kurei is referring to, but it sounds more like Mr. U'dedne did something to get on Mayong's naughty list and got turned into coal...or something even less pleasant.
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

He's not part of their houses.

In EQOA he had some collusion with the U'Dedne house, if several of the quest lines from that are to be believed. Granted, in that one, the U'Dedne's were a Necromancy house instead of a Warrior house, so it's actually somewhat believable in retrospect.
    Rezikai likes this.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

So it was more a the U'dedne House worked with Mayong, became a loose end that needed tied off...or did something incredibly stupid like piss mayong off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.