Can any Swashbucklers tell me...

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Purgatorio, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Purgatorio Guest

Can any Swashbucklers tell me if when i become one i still get to solo using these heaps cool positional attacks and HO's its amazingly exciting... any thoughts?:smileyhappy:

And also what is soloing like later as a Swashbuckler ?

Cheers :)
    Message Edited by Purgatorio on 11-11-2004 07:35 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Biscuet Guest

Give me another day or 2 and I can answer that question=p I'm closing in fairly fast to 20 but wanted to get alot of quests done.

biscuet
  3. ARCHIVED-Draigo Guest

With the use of Cheap Shot (5 sec stun) and Melee on/off button , yeap
  4. ARCHIVED-Shintaro Guest

sure can. this is what i do at lvl 12 currently...

sneak/ambush, stop melee, hit cheap shot (hoping to refresh once more before fight is up), move around enemy, backstab, dirty tricks, flurry, quick strike, refresh quick strike, if cheap shot refreshes, stop melee, cheap shot, go around or flank, sneak attack (because usually backstab hasn't refreshed by then. if it has, i use that instead), flurry once more and usually they're dead by then :)
  5. ARCHIVED-piraterobot Guest

Works great, stil using that technique at 22, and I honestly don't think I have ever seen cheap shot resisted =P
  6. ARCHIVED-neoxyphus Guest

BTW, you can stop melee after you cheap shot...that's what queuing is for, otherwise you'll miss out on damage between ambush and backstab.

E.g I usually just hit lucky break/cheap shot/stop melee keys one right after the other, at the same time.

And I'm assuming your placing lucky breaks after ambush to start HO chains? Usually a white mob would be like a sliver from death after the HO if I get a ringing blow with the backstab...if I'm soloing stuff 1-2 levels higher, the next HO chain would usually finish them, leaving me with at least 3 bars of health left.

Oh yeah, for those that didn't know...you don't have to walk around the mob. Just walk through them, if you have auto facing on (by default it is) then just walk through them and hit backstab.
    Message Edited by neoxyphus on 11-18-2004 05:12 PM
    Message Edited by neoxyphus on 11-18-2004 05:15 PM