Camping out in Renfry's Basement

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tanto, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

... when you log back in you're invariably in a part of Forlorn Gist in the middle of a load of aggro mobs.

Shouldn't you reappear like, right outside Renfry's Basement?
    Twyla and Doobius40504 like this.
  2. ratfink New Member

If you zone in from the Basement door you will zone in there when Renfry's zone closes. If you use the bauble from some random spot you will be zoned back to that location after the zone closes and spins down.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

We're finding that isn't the case. We have an alt permanently in FG, who just does the TS stuff. Log in > click Renfry's basement door > get quest > zone out > get stuff > zone back in > complete quest > log out > log in in the middle of a load of aggro stuff half way across the zone.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

is he running back to basement at the end of harvesting? I find myself using bauble when I finish deep in the zone. And if I happen to crash while zoning I'm getting bumped back into middle of FG wherever I used the bauble, no illusion of course.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

No, finish the crafting in the basement then camp out IN renfry's basement. When you log back in, you're in a hostile area of FG.
  6. JanEQ Active Member

But how did you zone into the basement? Did you use the bauble from the hostile area or did you run back to the basement and click on the basement entry?

After completing the daily/weekly, I'm making sure to zone out of the basement before camping regardless of how I zoned into the basement.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

did some experimenting and it seems you exit the basement at the point you were at when you entered basement.
    If you clicked on basement door to go inside, you get dumped upon exit or closure of zone (if you log, or crash when inside) right outside.
    If you use your Renfry's basement stone to port in there from somewhere in Forlorn Gist, you get dumped upon exit in the spot you were at when you cast your stone.

This does seem like a bug, the zone behaves like a published housing zone or a player made dungeon.
    It should dump you right outside basement door no matter how you entered.
  8. Treggar Active Member

A temporary workaround until they correct it would be just to finish the crafting in a home or GH. You don't have to go back to the basement to craft the stuff and get the reward.
    Chikkin and Breanna like this.