/camp <chrname>

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Brewmyst, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

One of my accounts has been having trouble with this command. Instead of logging into the chr that I specify, it just dumps me on the chr select screen. It's been going on for the last few days, at least.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) What server and character were you on when you tried to camp?
    (2) What server and character were you trying to camp over to?
  3. Ephras Active Member

That happens to me once in a while Brewmyst. The command "/camp <chrname>" fails because I misspelled the <chrname>. Just a thought for you. I just tried it now from one server (Halls of Fate) to another (Maj'Dul) and it worked okay.
  4. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Well, I started on Amilyana on AB, then tried to go to Bravida, on MD, then from there, to Elmindara on AB, to Kadiar on AB, then Liandioa on MD, and Mystwytch on MD... So it was kind of back and forth from AB to MD
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you are moving server-to-server, sometimes the camping process gets confused. I usually just /camp then pick the new toon on the next server from the Character Select screen.
  6. Momo Well-Known Member

The same problem all of a sudden happening to me to. /camp <charname> has worked forever, now stopped - I get dumped to character select. Happening for a few days now. I havent even tried cross server, only same. Its neither working on Maj'Dul nor Kaladim toons (haven't tested others). I am absolutely sure there where no typos in the names either.

Any ideas how to fix that, please?
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any fix for this on the player side - It *seems* to be a lag time between camping out and your character 'officially' leaving world on their end.
    Momo likes this.
  8. Momo Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting me know - I will sit this out and simply hope then =)
  9. RubyHOF Member

It happens to me, but I have 2 accounts open (one is heartbound) Sometimes I have no issues and other times I can click the same character and try to login 10 times or until I give up and just open a new eq2 window. the new window pretty much never has an issue.
  10. Test Taffies Active Member

This is a confirmed bug that they will not fix. So FYI it will continue and it is dissatisfactory.