Calling on all who love EQ2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by suka, Feb 10, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

Eliohia2, Moonpanther and Prissetta like this.
  2. Datoon Active Member

I love what it set out to be and indeed enjoyed many an adventure... What I see now is a world of scammers and devients,
    Fetish likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Voted for EQ2
    Prissetta and suka like this.
  4. Moostafoo Active Member

5. suka Well-Known Member

well, we can try to change that. there are more than 700 of us who use the forums. all we have to do is go vote. and btw, this wasn't started as a bash eq2 thread. it was to try to get people to go vote for our game. i for one love this game. every game and every community will have its problems. doesn't mean we don't love it.
  6. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I voted, because eh, but I'll admit that Black Desert Online with 2k votes has my interest piqued.
    :oops:

edit -- totally not downloading the character creator so I can make awesome cool and shiney toons, nuffink to see here, ignore the rat behind the curtain
    Prissetta, Mizgamer62 and suka like this.
  7. Nelie Well-Known Member

Hate to say this but voting really wouldn't mean anything in comparing these games. Just looking at some of the obvious ones, we know EQ2 wouldn't stand a chance. Most of the population in any of these games really aren't going to vote.

Like, take a look at Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. They only have 28 votes (28 votes as the current time I am looking at this). Now look at twitch.tv/directory and you will usually see them with 30k+ to 40k+ views (now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying views = votes). Same with League of Legends, they only have 52 votes (52 votes as the current time I am looking at this) but on a good day on Twtich, they can have way more than 100k viewers at a time.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

the good thing about it is that when any game even hits second or third, they get some publicity, which in turn brings in new players. this was posted to a facebook group, and lots of players who simply subbed to the main site, mmogames - or who had ever even liked the site, got this posted to their facebook page. which means that when the votes are in, the finished article telling us who won, placed, etc, will also be posted. most people will be curious enough to go look. and of those people, a lot will at least read up on the winners and go look at their games.

plus it is fun to vote. one of the reasons so many have a lot of votes, it that you can vote daily. don't know how many are doing that, but i do know that you can
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Nelie Well-Known Member

Even 2nd or 3rd is a long reach for us compared to these games. I say if Daybreak doesn't want to advertise for EQ2 then we as people need to do what these other games do and stream to get that publicity. There isn't anyone streaming eq2 regularly.
    suka likes this.
  10. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Streaming an MMO is hard.
    Actually, revised... successfully streaming is hard, full stop. It takes a certain personality to do it well.
    I like to think of myself as fairly entertaining and charismatic ( :rolleyes: ) but even I think I wouldn't be able to stream what I do in EQ2 very well. It's like, yeah it's cool... for 5 minutes.

I edited my post and it removed my smiley.
    Don't do that, forums.
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

Elder Scrolls has over 900 and Rift has 16. To each their own. I vote because I love this game and didn't care for either of those when I tried them.
  12. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I desperately wanted to love ESO, but that was mostly out of love for the original series behind it.
    Rift is fun if you can turn your brain off a bit.
    I made myself a gravemaker plushie from Rift, though. Those things were adorable.
    suka and Spindle like this.
  13. Nelie Well-Known Member

In a way, I couldnt agree more. I personally couldnt do it. I do have thoughts about trying it sometime in the future. However, I am sure there are people out there in this community that can do it, they just dont want to. I highly encourage anyone to try because I'd watch.
    TBH, there was a few people who have done Youtube series of videos of Lets Play EQ2 and I was attached to every episode in seeing how they play and learn. Not sure if they actually streamed or not but they were entertaining, imo.
  14. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I would stream it and I would let you know, if I ever got equipment capable.
    And then, at least, I know I'd have the support of a single viewer.
    :p
    lol
    Katz, Prissetta, suka and 1 other person like this.
  15. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I voted EQ2. Only other thing I've actually played on there is Landmark but I don't think that should really be on there.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

that was much easier back when we had a direct link from eq2 to youtube. however, since the ability to upload videos from the game has been removed, most people use a third party program to do videos of their houses like open broadcast. that can also be used to do videos of your gameplay. so not as easy, but not hard either

and yes they don't do the advertising we would like them to, but i have never seen them say anything against us sharing our love for the game with the world. sometimes word of mouth works quite well
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Pett Active Member

No, it won't. Budgeted advertisements would, but EQ2 has not had any airtime. That EQ Adventures game for Playstation has seen more airtime than this.
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

suka and HaphazardAllure like this.
  19. azcn2503 Active Member

Seeing Black Desert Online with such a high number of votes just makes me sad. I don't get it. If I want scantily clad ladies then I go in to town on a Friday night. If I want a grind-fest then I do some housework. Anyway, I voted for EQ2.
    suka likes this.
  20. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

It has numbers because, despite not being out yet, did you noticed the background of that website?
    What about the sidebar?

I'd be more amazed if any game OTHER than Black Desert won on that site.
    suka and azcn2503 like this.