Calling All Artists: It’s the EQ2Wire Forum Signature Design Contest!

Discussion in 'Fan Site News and Announcements' started by Feldon, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

From the moment we added a Forum Signature feature to EQ2U, we always intended to add additional looks and styles. However to date, all our signatures still look like this:

[IMG]

In the last months, we have refactored our Signature code, and we can now support signatures that look a whole lot better. But to really go all-out on the look and style of these signatures, we need your help as we are not graphic artists!

We are looking for player-submitted signature designs that are visually appealing, and language-appropriate, which provide a clear space where the character’s Name, Server, Guild, and Stats can be overlaid legibly.

[IMG]
    The graphical “style” or genre is up to the artist, and may be classical, architectural, modern, comic (Cheesepirate!) or whatever suits the design.

Spacegh0st, CelosSolec, Feara and 2 others like this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Entrants should feel free to use software like 3D Studio Max, DAZ 3D, or really anything else.
    Also, clip art could be used as long as documentation can be provided indicating that it's in the public domain.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Today's the last day of the contest and there are... ZERO entries. :(
  4. Lunar Ice New Member

ARTIST... synonymous with PROCRASTINATOR.
    It is too that bad no one has entered though. =( I remember seeing this contest posted but Mid-December is a time of insanity for me (and likely is for most people) and I certainly didn't have the time. It's a really fun contest but maybe bad timing. Maybe someone will throw in some last-minute entries! That's how us deadliners work, after-all. =)
  5. Basel Noire Active Member

I have ideas, lots of ideas.. but I'm better at decorating in game than I am with "pen to paper" artistry.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Got your e-mail and PM. Some interesting ideas for sure. :)
  7. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I did not see this until it was bumped. I'm in! :)
    Karrane and Basel Noire like this.