Call of Veteran

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Conifur, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

What is the secret to it actually working? It fails more times then it works.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

one policy I think I have noticed, that if a Public Quest is active in a destination zone, it fails, if none active, it seems to work without issue. /shrug
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

IMO it's zone specific - what I mean is it will usually work if both are in the same zone.

Sometimes it work across zones, but that is much less common and I think it has to do with connecting zones and/or age of zones - if I remember correctly, older zones seem to work better than the new ones when trying to cross a zone with the call.

Then again, it may just be completely random and at the will of the RNG.

I wish it worked more often or at the very least, some dev would investigate it and give us the actual rules for using it.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

also beginning to think it is server specific: I have not for days now, been able to use CoV on AB, however, Maj'Dul I was able to CoV out of Grotto to Fens without issue,... note. PQ was not up at that time.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

My CoV works 90% of the time. I genuinely can't figure out what the problem is when it fails.
    Shmogre likes this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Our guild also noticed some time ago that CoV failed when either party was in combat.
  7. DamnataAnimus Active Member

Mine works about 80% of the time I'd guess. And oddly sometimes the first attempt will fail then the 2nd will work (or 3rd)

Luckily I have two conjurors if it falls and the tinker item as well as dark elf racial so if it falls just need to zone to same zone a summon. I just put it down to some hard to fix bug, given its been this way since it was introduced.