Call of the Veteran Still Broke

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Kerahzey, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

I thought by now you folks could have fixed this item, I love all the good work and I love this game more then ever but an item like this should not be broke this long. Is there anybody working on this or on somebody's to-do list ??
  2. ARCHIVED-alaplayer Guest

Ormeelire@The Bazaar wrote:
    Not sure if serious or if /sarcasm tag is missing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Having people claim the COV only works 50% of the time is one of the two reasons the COV neds to go to the SC Marketplace. The other reason is becasue my account is not that old and I want one.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    Hah!
    It works like 95% of the time for me. It simply bugs out if you've died in a zone too many times as a member of a locked encounter.
    I'm sure the bug is completely unrelated to the COV item. The item simply checks if the target is in combat or a locked encounter before engaging. This is a perfectly reasonable check to make to prevent exploiting.
    The issue comes into the server or client getting into the bugged state of combat still on (or still engaged to a locked encounter). A bug that I wager isn't so simple to nail down and fix without potentially breaking other things.
    I wouldn't expect this one fixed anymore than it is, any time soon.
    That being said, you can fix it 100% of the time by zoning or camping to yourselves. As this will reset the locked encounter issue. The only other problem players have is understanding that it doesn't bypass zone-in requirements or timers, and there is no bug related to that other than a cluestick.
  5. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Yep, the problem is not the CoV item. You get the same error message when you try to use other port spells/items.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Whenever you run into a COV not working, try feigning death, then cast the COV. If you don't have a feign as a class or racial ability, the tinkered heartstoppers are an alternative way to feign.
    However, please also /BUG and /PETITION, giving enough data about where you were and what happened on the unsuccessful COV attempt. The more data that QA and the devs have about how and when the problem occurs will make it more likely that they can identify the problem in the code and fix it.
    Of course, you can't use COV on an elevator, transport, mount, and so forth, but everyone should know that by now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I have a hard time believing they need more data to recreate it.
    There are specific encounters I could bug myself out with 100% of the time. If SoE actually doesn't know how the bug happens, I'd be happy to provide a write up of some scripts that will do it.
    My assumption is they know where the issue is, but haven't touched it as it might actually break some raid scripts if they tried tweaking it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Thats all fine and dandy ... but lets get it pushed out onto the SC MArketplace already. I've had enough cloaks and tree-forts that I can stand, how about adding something actually useful.