CA-style Warden/Mystic/Inquisitor...which to use...

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Sachril, Oct 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Sachril Guest

Considering my old fondness for the WoW shaman was partly on account of having melee, healing, and spells rolled up into one tidy package (I always did like the jack-of-all-trades methodology), I definitely want to play one of the three CA priests (unless one of you has an argument for the paladin...?). The problem is fully sorting out how the rest of each one's arts and AAs fits with using CAs rather than spells for elemental damage. Any insights from experience with two or all three of these?
  2. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

I'm fond of Wardens myself for melee spec, but that's just because i'm Druidcentric LOL.
    The whole AA tree set up for wardens makes them very melee capable very fast.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hilt Guest

I am a big proponent of Inquisitors ( or Templars if you feel so inclined... ). They make for a solid healer that I can both enjoy personally ( for their high survivability ) as well as picking one ( or both! ) for raids as clerics are the type of priests I worry LEAST about when the monkey poo hits the fan thingey
  4. ARCHIVED-shockofimpact Guest

lol, i played an enhancement shaman and my wife an elemental shaman in that game....of course they suck for pvp but that game in general is somewhat horrible due to developer bias and the terrible player population, aside from the lack of housing and weak crafting.
    But, I have a melee mystic and am working on building a melee warden for my wife. We are both 1/2 elves and started in TD and plan on hitting all the starting zones to maximize our AA points.
    We also did a SK/Inq duo where she went melee with the Inq but it seems to take a lot more AA points to do that as an Inq. Also, ppl tell me your healing will suffer as a melee mystic but as a melee warden that is not so much the case. Maybe someone will be able to refute that or not.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ykiphia1 Guest

shockofimpact wrote:
    I think warden takes the least number of AA points to be effective melee-wise.
    For leveling there is no healing disadvantage to going melee on a mystic. The content before KoS is all pre-AA. Anything you've got is "extra". I found no conflict between healing and melee specs until the 70s and then I just got a mirror.
    For the OP, Banditman has been working on a nice Mystic primer which you can find on the mystic forum. It's chock full of pertinent information. I highly recommend that you give it a look-see.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lark Guest

I had a similar question and thought it would be best to post it within this thread:
    Which is a more efficient (i.e. killing mobs fast for appropriate level quests and at a steady rate) soloing toon when it comes to melee - the inquisitor or the warden? I'm mostly concerned about the effectiveness from 70+, starting with stepping of the docks in RoK.
    Thanks for any feedback--

Edit: After doing a search I found an older thread already discussing this question.