Butcherblock Server Meeting Called

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by suka, Aug 9, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

Sandx
    To discuss how to bring our server together. Hopefully get some great Ideas that we all can agree on and take action!
    this was called by one of the leaders on Butcherblock. Hopefully she will post here soon. Please come out and join us for our server.
    Moonlit_Evening likes this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Butcherblock has leaders?
    Faeonara likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

she has renamed it Town Hall Meeting
  4. suka Well-Known Member

yes - we do and most of them are on https://www.facebook.com/groups/butcherblockserver/

we are hoping to attract more - like other guild leaders and people who want to do something for our server and people like you. so do go and join and let's pull our server together
  5. Breta Well-Known Member

6. suka Well-Known Member

what would you call a leader? to me a leader is one who steps up and calls others to action. who steps in when action is needed. and who shows themselves capable of such leadership. there are several on our server who spring to mind including several guild leaders i know. so are you a leader or just a basher? maybe you should step forward and join instead of sitting back and bashing.

besides they are not here tooting their own horn, i am the one tooting for them. they are stepping up and saying ok we need to do something. what are you doing? are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

edit nor will i be silenced by trolls who have nothing better to do than to try to silence me.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

please note that you won't have to be physically there to join the discussion. i talked to her and she plans to set up a channel for it.
  8. Josgar Active Member

This is a cool idea. Y'all seem to have a decent population compared to Unrest too. Currently in the middle ranges on the server tracking page!
    suka likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

where is the server tracking page? i was looking for that and didn't find it. does it say how many people we have? and if you mean the one at everquest II home it only says we are low along with 15 other servers and doesn't show any figures.
  10. Josgar Active Member

That is the one I'm talking about. If you want to know how many people are on your server, minus the roleplayers / anonymous you can probably do /who all in different level ranges. But I was just noticing Butcherblock had a middle level of people logged in when I wrote the post... but it went back down to low.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

kk i thought that is where you meant. the reason it is bouncing right now between medium and low is the same reason AB is bouncing between high and medium. people log in to do daily stuff on their accounts, then go to the progressive server to have some fun in their vacation away from the home server
  12. Caethre Active Member

You may want to think about rephrasing that.
    flameweaver, Sigrdrifa and suka like this.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Usually, I'm ready to jump on a situation where DGC or the EQ2 team seem to be pushing forward a change or policy that seems ill-considered. I'm ready to do so if we are indeed forced to "fight" for our names on the new consolidated server. But I think cooler heads will prevail on this and we'll see a more traditional name reservation policy. Merges are still several weeks away, so I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.

None of that takes away from the idea of putting together a Facebook group to pull the server together.
    HaphazardAllure, Moonpanther and suka like this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

yes and she was planning this before we even heard of the server merge coming up. she started to do it last month but it conflicted with other dates. so she decided to do it this month. she has been talking with different people and planning it for some time. all she wants to do is discuss with everyone she can about what we can do to wake up our server and coordinate efforts.

it isn't about the merger at all, but i was thinking that if we did get moved it would be nice to have something in place for people from butcherblock. however even if we don't get moved, this is about our server and i do hope a lot of people show up to support her efforts and share their insights and opinions and ideas.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  15. Cinnamon Active Member

First of all- I find your approached to this of self appointed leader a bit offensive. That in it's self is a good way to put some off and a better wording would suffice here like "Butcherblock Betterment Committee" meeting than self appointed leaders without no regard to who or what they represent without some vote of sorts.

Second- The idea of this meeting, is what?, what are you expecting to happen? It's not like your a GM and can change things so again your wording is vague and doesn't explains what your expecting to happen at this meeting.

Third- The way I 'm reading this, your expectations of this event seem beyond our control, so their isn't much we can do as one server versa all servers.

If I'm reading this wrong, then that is why I said it's vague and doesn't say why or what your expecting.

I do ask you to explain the expectations of this, don't be self appointing leaders base off some Facebook page. Perhaps, a better way of approaching this, is asking anyone who feels they can represent our many play styles be there to stand up and make themselves known.

Note- This is a game, it's not meant to be played in way that it's has to affect our real lives. - So please no drama and please do not start drama with other organizations that do contests for all servers when they don't have too.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Players can effect change through various means, constructive and otherwise. Otherwise there wouldn't even be a point in /feedback or these forums.
    suka and Mermut like this.
  17. pzpz Active Member

Hey look, some people trying to be a community, let's poop on it.

:rolleyes:
  18. Cinnamon Active Member

I'm well aware of this but the way it' being worded here is vague so I'm confused on what they'll be expecting to happen at this meeting and what are the intentions of this anyways? I ask this because some things some players don't like, others players may love, so again I'm not sure why for I want more information as the purpose of this?
  19. suka Well-Known Member

no one is being a "self appointed leader" guild leaders are leaders of the server. so are people who try to bring the community together in many ways. that should be obvious. why is it when someone steps up to try to make a difference, a bunch of people try to trash them? if you can do it better, then why haven't you done it?

if people would work together and stop trying to bash each other we might could do something special and wonderful. but if you are so against helping the server and uniting it, then by all means stay away.

and no i am not going to answer each person individually. plain and simple. the opportunity is here. one person had the vision to set it up. i am in support of her vision. i agree with her that we could be so much more. if you have a problem with it, then that is your problem. if you see something here and want to join in the discussion and exchange of ideas, you are welcome. if not, then we don't need disruptions of people who are so negative.

so join if you want to. but hold off on all of the negative bashing because that doesn't help anyone and is actually discouraging to people who are trying to do something positive. if you can't contain yourself, then you are not the type of person who should be in on it anyhow.
    amarisa and HaphazardAllure like this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

you know, another thing. i see some are arguing against the idea just because i called her a "leader" i have every right to do so because to me she is a leader. but if your only problem is how it is worded, then how small are you? some people strain at gnats and swallow camels. spare me please from people who can't see past their nose. yeah, you hit a nerve. grow up.