Bulk Transmuting

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ffd700, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

Sometimes I have boxes and boxes of stuff to transmute, it would be really nice to be able to transmute items in bulk.
    When doing six 40 slot boxes full of stuff, that's 960 mouse clicks!
    *clicks on the transmute icon*
    *clicks on the item to transmute*
    *clicks on the confirmation box*
    *clicks on the accept button*
    *repeats 240 times*
    At least add an option to bypass the confirmation window and have the byproduct put directly into our bags, it's not like we can decline something we transmuted. That would halve the number of clicks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Ultraheavybeat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'd love an option to skip the confirmation and another to skip the accept.
  3. ARCHIVED-Minraja Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Can't you turn off all confirmation boxes anyways? Or do those only apply to buying, selling, and destroying items?
  4. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Give Carpenters a recipe for a box that holds 40 items. Fill the box, click a button, everything in the box is automagically transmuted.

For the love of god, transmuting is PAINFUL when done for more than one adornment at a time.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

I never click the accept button. You can totally skip that step. You still have to do the confirm (they won't take that away because then they'd get petitions all the time from people who accidentally transmuted the wrong item because the icons were the same or something like that), but you can skip the accept.
    Just keep transmuting and leave the accept window open after the first one. The new windows won't pop up until you accept that one anyway. Then zone or camp and upon zoning (or the next time you log into the game) it will say that you automatically accepted however many things.
    Sure, you won't see what you got from it until you look in your inventory, but it will speed up the process.
    I do the same thing when I'm grinding writs. I never click the accept box. I just wait until I'm done and then zone or camp to accept them all.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Drazala@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Turning off the confirmation boxes doesn't work for transmuting.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    and the first time you transmute an item that you did not intend to you would be on the /petition queue to get it back -and be told that they do not reimburse transmuted or attuned items, then would would be on the forums compaining.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Make it a house/guild hall furniture item. Require transmuting skill to operate it but get no skill ups for using it. Items don't actually transfer to the box but just turn red the same as items used in a crafting combine. One single confirmation button and no casting time, results moved to your inventory. It doesn't need to have 40 slots, honestly most people would be happy with 10 though more certainly wouldn't hurt.
    I'd suggest the box not be limited to all items being of a single tier, that would lead to rather intersting error messages (or lack of them).
  9. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

I can't imagine needing to bulk transmute, except when leveling up the transmutting (that said, once you are maxed, when would you ever again need this feature).
    Bulk transmutting seems a bit risky for the transmutter as well as possibly adding work to gm's on returning items that were crushed in error.

p.s. Thinking about it a little more I guess would use it if powerleveling a toon and get so many items in bags...there's probably more examples out there.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Run several instances in an evening. See how much junk you manage to accumulate. Then realize about 1/3rd of it is nothing but mute fodder. Throw 2 PQ transmuting hoards into the mix for an additional 10 transmutable objects and you could have 40+ items in t9.
    Mentor down and help guildies in dungeons. Watch the junk start piling up. Even when you decline stuff they can use you still get a lot doing it. Especially after their bags are completely full.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Meirril wrote:
    total time taken to transmute maybe 5 minutes, if even that
  12. ARCHIVED-SomeDude Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    It is not the time taken to transmute the items, it is the number of button clicks that is the issue
  13. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

SomeDude wrote:
    lot less key strocks (for both you and the gm) then what would be required for /petition I just bulk transmuted my ulitmate sword of pin pricking, can I get it back please?
  14. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    True, however if they could crate a specific box/bag that would hold items like your inventory but that would not "default accept" items. You would have to actually place items into that bag. They could not be auto dropped in there via looting. Then only that bag could be flagged as "Transmute All" we could move the items we want to mute into that bag and not worry about accidently muting items.
  15. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Accidents happen, but why not implement a feature that a lot of people would use just because some are careless?
  16. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Because the morons who don't know how to double check what they are doing think that the game revolves around them ...
  17. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Because SoE's CS and/or GMs will be the ones who have to repeatedly deal with people petitioning that they had something transmuted that shouldn't have been, or whatever. The confirmation box is annoying, unfortunately I think this is one of those ideas where the potential extra work from people making mistakes, would probably very well keep SOE from implementing these ideas.
  18. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Honestly, any more chance of this than what happens now? Who actually reads the confirmation box when your doing a bunch of transmutes in a row?
  19. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Meirril wrote:
    It's still there though. It still gives you a chance to say no. And honestly, I have noticed it once or twice to keep from actually transmuting something I didn't want to. I just can't see them doing anything which would remove this safeguard, regardless of how many people actually pay attention to it. Honestly, nothing is stopping them from saying well you clicked the confirm box that you wanted to transmute it, so tough luck.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Seiffil@Permafrost wrote:
    This is why I think there should be an OPTION to turn off the confirmations. But, if there isn't already, there should be a set-in-stone policy that any and all transmutions are final (petitions ignored/closed) no matter if you have a confirmation or you chose to shut them off.