Bugged? Craftman insight instead of carpenter?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-bluja000, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

I'm working on lvl 40+ carpenter writs, maxed for my level, when I start getting insights. I don't even think about it, just start countering them, like normal. Then I realize that I'm not getting carpenter insights, they are craftman insights. Yes, carpenter comes from craftman tree, but shouldn't I be getting carpenter insights? It's not like I'm level 19, getting ready to ding into carpenter, or even doing a lvl 19 recipe. This is a lvl 40+ recipe, carpenter specific, and I'm easily countering all the various icons. As far as I know, I'm supposed to be getting whatever buff is associated with the level of recipe I'm currently crafting. Now, if I was crafting a lvl 19 item and got Innovation, I'd expect to get a t2 craftman harvest rare, rather than a t5 carpenter rare, but does this mean that any Innovations will result in a random craftman rare, rather than a carpenter rare, while crafting a t3+ carpenter recipe? Anyone else notice this happening? I do understand that if I'm crafting a recipe that isn't carpenter, such as when doing the daily crafting mara instances, I'd expect to get Innovations that aren't carpenter specific. But in this case, I wasn't in the instance, I was simply doing basic crafting rush order writs.
  2. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

You should get a chance for both Craftsman and Carpenter insights.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Since insights started it has always been craftsman, no carpenter insights.
    Has been bugged forever.
  4. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Eileah wrote:
    And I wouldn't hold my breath on a fix either.