Bug with Hearts A Flutter

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Juraiya, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I finished Hearts A Flutter 5 times, and got the first title. I picked up the quest a 6th time to get the other title, but before I did it, I had to camp for a few minutes for real life stuff. When I came back to the character, the quest was gone; picking it up again from the quest giver didn't say I would get the second title.

I'm attempting to do it another 5 times in a row (does it HAVE to be six times in a row? That's a bit silly), to see if I'm offered the second title. Not sure if it will work yet; I'll edit this post (or add to the thread) if it does work. But it shouldn't be necessary, I wouldn't think, even if it does work.

Edit: Doing it an additional 5 times in a row got it to offer me the second title. That has to be a bug; that can't possibly be working as intended, because it penalizes anyone who can't sit there doing this six times in a row without a break.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

You can take breaks, you just need to do it 10 times for the second title. This happened because a couple of years back they got rid of the one in the Commonlands where the original second set of 5 runs used to be.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Not true. You only need to do it SIX times, if you do them in a row, in order to get the second title. Not only is this mentioned in the Wiki, but I was offered the sixth quest WITH the second title. It's just that after I took the quest, I then logged out, and the quest disappeared from my journal. When I picked up the quest again, the title was no longer offered. But it WAS offered initially.

I've also done it six times in a row with other characters (after this incident) and always gotten the second title on the sixth quest. It's just that it's BROKEN if you take a break AFTER doing the fifth one. Either that, or accepting the quest, then camping so it vanished from my journal, was the issue. I'm not taking the chance now; I'm making certain that all of my newer characters that I want the titles for, I'm doing it six times in a row without camping out, and it's working for them.

Either way, it is NOT "working as intended", not according to the Wiki, at least. And that makes it a BUG.

Edit to add: When I'm saying "in a row", I meant without camping out. Camping in between, say, #2 and #3 I would not consider to be "in a row." If that clarifies anything for you.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for.

If what Twyla says is correct and it is the 2 different titles from the original 2 events then I would expect them to be given after 5 and 10 as they used to be back then. In which case the fix to the bug would be to stop the second title being given after just 6 consecutive runs.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or, they could, y'know, just bring back the Commonlands one... :-/

Seriously, I know the stupid Public Quest thing could, potentially, go all over the place there (and why aren't they bothering folks in Antonica as well? aren't the zones about the same size, roughly?), as could the race, but 99.9% of the things to gather in the race I'd always found from just outside the broken old wall line up to the current city walls of Freeport. Chasing down race things any further away than that, if they even exist, takes way too much time in a timed race.

I'd proposed the year they killed the CL race that maybe they should put up a "force field" or some kind of barrier (we have flight ceilings and limits as to how close we can get to flying into a city from the outside, why not?) that would enable both the race and the stupid Public Quest thing to coexist in peace, or just rein in the stupid Public Quest boundaries, but no dice so far. :(

Uwk
    Twyla and Juraiya like this.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You're probably right. They've made changes like that before when something like this has been pointed out. I think that AT THE TIME that they made the change and got rid of the CL race, that they had intended it to work the way it's working now. (I.e., 5 races for the first title, and then 1 race for the second.) But they may decide now that no, they no longer want it to work that way, because forcing players to deal with tedious time sinks is "fun."
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Why on earth would you think that? There's no logic in that whatsoever. 5 runs per title makes far more sense. And 5 runs is not a timesink, it's merely earning your reward. Running things over and over with no end in sight, THAT'S a timesink. Trust me, I'm in something of an anti timesink campaign mode at the moment and this is not one.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

This is currently working as designed, so I am moving this thread to the General Feedback forums. We have a ticket in to investigate if we want to make a change in the future.