Bug with crafting skillups?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-TniEradani, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TniEradani Guest

My woody dinged 44 this morning and made the imbued staff and the 7 imbued wands in that book to end up at 44.67 with fletching skill sitting at 215/220. Not one fletching skill up in 16 combines.
  2. ARCHIVED-ZeroRavesOn Guest

Eradani@Venekor wrote:
    I know it sounds obvious, but have you been spamming your counters? Leveling in t8, my woodworker has been getting the 5 skillups within 2 or 3 combines after dinging, with me spamming all three arts every round to get the skillups faster.

If you have been doing that, maybe /bug it with as much detail as possible, so they can try to reproduce it and get it fixed. I haven't been in t5 after the revamp, so I can't speak to anything specific there, but for t8 skillups feel normal.
  3. ARCHIVED-TniEradani Guest

yes, i spam my buffs every round
    got to 44.74% and finally got the first fletching skillup
  4. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

My Armorer gained 2 levels 2 days ago to lvl 25. Last night I decided it was time to increase his skill level. I tried for 30 minutes and gained only 1 point. Today I tried for an hour and gained only 1 point. So he is still 8 points behind.
    I craft quite I bit with various toons and I almost always spam the most up-to-date abilities to gain my 5 skill points every time I level. This time around I put it off for 2 days and now I cannot seem to gain skill points anymore either.
  5. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

I've managed to gain another level without gaining a single "skill-up". Now 13 points below cap. Something has changed radically with the new release. I'll keep trying to figure out what it is.

P.S.
    Whooo-Hoooo! I gained yet another level!
    Boooo-Hoooo! I did not gain a single skill point.
    Am now 18 points below cap.
    I'm not sure which is more surprising: that I'm no longer able to get skill points, or that I'm still able to make cap-level pristine objects without skill points anywhere near cap.

P.P.S.
    Whooo-Hoooo! Gained still another level! Even managed to gain 1 skill point somehow. So now I'm only 22 skill points below cap instead of the 23 I would have been if not for that 1 skill point I gained.
    I've never used the number "keypad" before, just the mouse. So I tried the keypad. It didn't help me gain skill points and made my toon jump around a lot and terminate a lot of products prematurely.
    I cannot use my hotbar since the upgrade. Maybe if I could use the crafting spells in my hotbar like I always used to do I might be able to gain skill points again.
    If not, maybe I can advance to level 80, from level 28, without ever gaining another skill point. Let's hope so. It's starting to look like I might have to.
  6. ARCHIVED-test Guest

yes, it's bugged

all my 5 tradeskillers now fell behind. And yes, I spam skills... I mean, time is money, so obviously I do...
  7. ARCHIVED-test Guest

211/235 on my jeweler...

at least say if it's gonna be fixed soon(so I hold from lvlin' up) or it'll take an eternity as usual...
  8. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

Snowlywhite@Nagafen wrote:
    I'm at 119/145 now. I suspect it is only a problem on certain operating systems or game configurations, else more people would probably be posting about it.
    Alternatively, perhaps the game is operating the way it is supposed to and we are among only a handful who have not figured out the new system.
    I suspect the problem, if it is a bug, will be fixed early next week rather than over the weekend.
  9. ARCHIVED-LightfootII Guest

There was me thinking it was just me doing something wrong.
    With the new system I'm leveling a lot faster but my skills are being left way behind. I used to get the 5 skill points by the time I was halfway through a level, now I'm lucky if I get one skill up per level. It's not stopping me from leveling or getting pristines though, so perhaps the skill level doesn't matter so much any more.
  10. ARCHIVED-S1lence Guest

I thought I was the only one who thought this...made a new armorer and by level 14 I am only 55/70 on metalshaping even though I have only done armor recipies and endlessly spammed buffs. Why do we crafters always get the short straw on this stuff?
  11. ARCHIVED-test Guest

the problem with only relatively few complaining is, I think, due to the fact most try to advance their main crafters from 70 to 80 now.

I know that I spoke with my weaponsmith and said he didn't have much trouble and was 371/375. On the other hand, probably the ammount of items he made/lvl was way bigger then what I did(especially on a jeweler, where from 1st time pristines is more or less lvl up).
  12. ARCHIVED-Karellen Guest

Same problem here.
    One skillup over dosens of items. Tried items at my level, items at the level corresponding to skill and easy items. None gives skills up.
    The single skillup came with product finishing.
    Is it possible that we lost the skillups that come during the crafting proccess and we only get the ones at the end of cycle?
  13. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

Karellen wrote:
    That is an interesting idea. If skill-ups are randomly distributed and we now only get skill-ups from the last 25% of the manufacturing process that would probably mean only 1 or 2 per level in Tier 3 anyway, which is what I am seeing.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they did eliminate altogether the ability to gain skill points quickly by making level 1 items and spamming the most up-to-date tradeskill abilities every time you gain a level.
    Hopefully a Dev comments in this thread on Monday.
  14. ARCHIVED-LightfootII Guest

This is wierd, it seems to be affecting some crafters and not others. I done one level on my armourer and one level on my weaponsmith. My armourer got 5 skill points before she was halfway through the level but my weaponsmith got nothing.
    Keeping in mind that they have both dinged a level so they should be 5 down. Armourer is up to 170/175, but my weaponsmith is still stuck at 156/180.
    I'm just wondering if adventure level is having anything to do with this. My armourer has an adventure level of 32, but my weaponsmith is only level 10. It's just a thought.
    I haven't had a chance to try my other 7 crafters yet to see how their skill ups are working.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kirico Guest

I went from 70-72 yesterday and I didn't have any problem at all getting my skillups in the first half of the level. I wasn't doing anything different (just had my adventurers outfit on, nothing to boost trade skills at all).
    Wierd,
    Andas (72 Jeweler)
  16. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I dinged 79 today and my skills were capped before I was 20% in. I don't spam, either, lol.
  17. ARCHIVED-S1lence Guest

This is a quote I got from DominoDev from a private message:
    Regarding the skill up rate, this was unintentional and we're still trying to figure out why skill ups slow down. My best guess is it may be an unintended byproduct of the fact skills upgrade every 20 levels instead of every 10, so by level 18 or so they are pretty much greyed out and you're skilling up much more slowly. At 20 I'm guessing you should be back to normal skill up rates. We're looking into it anyway and I'm sure it will be clearly announced if and when anything changes.

Believe it or not we do not intentionally nerf things, but sometimes unpredictable things do occur and not everything is instantly fixable. Especially at 8am on a Sunday.

At least they acknowledge the problem and are working on it...Maybe we should get a reduced rate on our subscription price since 2 days a week they cant address problems that seriously effect gameplay? Lol
  18. ARCHIVED-LightfootII Guest

Perhaps if people post which of their crafters are having problems with the skill ups and which ones are not having any problems, it might be easier for the devs to sort out what is happening. It might be a good idea to give the level as well.
    In my previous post where I mentioned my armourer and weaponsmith, they are both in their mid 30's. So both are using the same tier of reaction arts, but one is getting skill ups and the other isn't. Doesn't make any sense.
  19. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Well I had no problem with skill ups with my Woodworker, and I soon reached max skill again after levelling after maybe only 2 items crafted.

However, I am seeing a different behaviour with my Jeweler.

I think the problem is that the Jeweler only has the chance to "skill up" when an item is successfully made. There doesn't seem to be any check for increasing my skill when using a reaction art during the normal process of making an item.

With my Woodworker I often had 1 or more skillups whilst making a single item, but I haven't see a single one with my Jeweler.

This is fairly easy to check if the same is happening to you, go through your logs and filter them on (Reward), (Skill) and (Narrative). This should show all your crafting events. If you check for "You get better at ....." you should see it is always preceeded by "You gain tradeskill experience" which idicates you've just completed an item. With my Woodworker however, I see the skill up messages following other events such as "You successfully countered...."

Just a thought...
  20. ARCHIVED-Halanna Guest

My provisioner gained 4 levels and I only got one skill up so now I'm 19 points behind.
    For those lvl's I did rush orders and made stacks of drinks, all while spamming my arts.