[Bug] Winds of Obol stacking breaks after zoning

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Twisty, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Twisty Well-Known Member

tl;dr - After zoning, you only get benefit of 1 Winds of Obol in the group regardless if all 6 people wear it. Raid wipe fixes the stacking to go back to 6 of 6 (if all 6 are wearing it). If you don't want to wipe the raid to fix it, if EVERYONE in group unequips the item Winds of Obol is on and simply re-equips it, you'll be able to get 5 of 6 Winds of Obol to register in group.

================================================

This bug actually isn't new - it affects the previous version of Winds of Obol purple rune from CoE as well, and was there ever since the rune was introduced; I just haven't gotten around to figuring out the details & writing up a post about it until now.

Winds of Obol purple war-rune:
    lvl92 version: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/685078887
    lvl96 version: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/672650881

The rune is supposed to stack in group from every person wearing it. When you join a group with a person wearing it, you won't see your potency go up in your stat window, but you will see the values in the tooltip of your offensive spells/CAs go up (at least does for the lvl96 rune, forget if the lvl92 one updates your tooltip values).

What we did:
    We got a group of 3 people together for testing. So, below, my conclusions are extrapolated for the group of 6.

Step 1: Took off all group buffs so not to interfere with test; took off all our Winds of Obol runes. Screenshot values for a handful of offensive spells => 0/3 Winds
    Step 2: Only 1 person of 3 applies their Winds of Obol rune, nothing else changes. Screenshot values for same spells => 1/3 Winds
    Step 3: Next person applies their Winds of Obol rune, nothing else changes. Screenshot values for same spells => 2/3 Winds
    Step 4: Next person applies their Winds of Obol rune, nothing else changes. Screenshot values for same spells => 3/3 Winds

The values in tooltips went up as expected with each application of an additional Winds.

Zone together somewhere, like a heroic or raid instance. Stand still, do absolutely nothing for about 15secs. This is to allow the group spells to "tick" their stats to the group members. It actually takes only about 3-5secs, but to be safe wait longer in case of lag or what not.

Bug:
    Examine tooltips of same spells you were tracking - you will see the values matching those when only 1 Winds of Obol was applied.

Semi-good news:
    When your group wipes and either revives or is rezzed, the values on the spells you were tracking will register the correct number of Winds of Obol in group (after rez effects go away).

Semi-working temporary hack-fix that doesn't require "oops" wiping your raid:
    Unequipping and re-equpping the item that has Winds of Obol on it, will fix the stacking to the group from YOU. So you'll have to convince everyone in group to re-equip theirs each time after zoning. And it seems it only wants to go back to N-1 registered copies this way where N is the number of people in group using Winds of Obol. So if all 6 are using, and all 6 unequip/re-equip it, you'll be seeing only 5 of 6 Winds applied. At least it's better than 1 o_O
    Koko, Feldon, Terrius and 3 others like this.
  2. Jrel Well-Known Member

Wow. I'll have to check this out.
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

Good catch! It's real.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  4. Adegx Active Member

So does shifting people around in raid bug it as well. Ie i move someone from group1 into group 2 does it bug out obol until group wipes or item reequips?
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Does this also exist for Truespirits and/or Cry Havoc/other purples that apply to the group?
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

Truespirit (tested) is working correctly because it functions as simple group potency buff I suspect. Havent tested CryHavoc, but I'm sure works since it simply adds AbilMod to your stats.

The unusual functionality of Winds probably takes it thru its own code-path that hasn't been as frequently hit in testing as other group buffs.
    Mogrim likes this.
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

Dunno. Too difficult a test to orchestrate for my taste. Need more ppl willing to carefully stare at numbers and whose meticulousness I trust than I have.

If you can, let us know
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

bump. would love a Dev response / fix pretty pls
  9. Adegx Active Member

That will cost ya 500 SC ;)
    Dedith likes this.
  10. AlienShine Member

Really, good to know, I'll switch it out.
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

12. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

We made an ACT trigger to remind us when we zone into raid zones to swap them out and in. A real fix would be nice tho.
    Feldon likes this.
  13. Koko Well-Known Member

Bug reproduced successfully 4/6/2015 9:00~ pm EST.
  14. Luciar Active Member

Any word from DBG staff about this? At least acknowledging that it is a confirmed bug and is being worked on?
  15. Wintir Active Member

Bump for dev comment :)
  16. Amaitae Active Member

no fix in test changes yet.
    but of course a bugfix like this is more important:
  17. Luciar Active Member

Please! Can we PLEASE get some developer acknowledgement of this bug! It's a big one!
  18. Gninja Developer

It should be fixed on beta. Was a while ago I believe... Let me know if you are still seeing it on beta. It is slated to go out at same time as Rum Cellar Campaign.
    Wintir and Luciar like this.
  19. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Did this fix go in? It's not in the update notes.
  20. Gninja Developer

Yes, sorry the patch note fell through the cracks. Let us know if this is still dropping on zoning. We had to rework quite a bit of how some of these runes work with zoning so there will likely be some changes to how buffs are working when zoning. Some items will start dropping on zoning when they shouldn't and we will address those as we see them happening. Like for instance the EV charms spell effects.
    Dreadtalon likes this.