Bug? Unplayable now. Heroic names death-touching in Tower Breach

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wreakinn, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Wreakinn Member

You get in range of the name, it insta-kills you regardless of death saves/stoneskins/wards. Does NOT display what kills you in terms of damage or effect. You just die.

It's been this way for a week or so. Right now, I am literally paying for nothing, which your CS reps won't even address. Please let me know if this is intended.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's no need to start off being hostile. This is Player Support, meaning that we, your fellow players, are going to be the ones trying to help you.

I assume you mean Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Tower Breach [Solo]? There are five names in there. Which one is killing you?

If I had to guess, I would assume Auliffe Chaoswind is the problem. He is NOT a DPS fight. Auliffe does an emote at 95%, 80%, 65%, 50%, 35%. 25% and 15%. You want to stay in the very middle as much as you can:
    • When Auliffe says, "I am not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me!", joust in to the middle of the frost circle.
    • When he says, "Back off! Let's see how well you scramble!" you have to joust out of the red circle he puts down on the floor.
    If you try to burn him too fast, you end up with a frost circle on top of a red circle and you are gonna die. I hit him once, and let my merc DPS him down.

If you mean some other name, you'll have to tell us which one and what exactly is happening. Also, all this is described on the wiki, so you can also get answers there.
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

He probably doesn't have a tank in his group (a real one, alive) and is dying due to the no-tank mechanic which was fixed in this zone recently, in which case...it's working as intended.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That would be the group version only. He didn't tell us what exact instance he's in.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

from dec 5 update notes
    Torden, Bastion of Thunder [Heroics]
    Bosses within the normal heroic zones should no longer use a direct scripted death mechanic on non-fighters. It is still the intention that it be preferable to use fighters to tank these bosse

So how exactly is this intended?
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

You may be right, but it's a strange forum if you are. There is a forum named "Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion," which sounds much more like what you describe. A "Player Support" forum in the "Support Forums" section sounds more like a place to request customer service. If the "Player Support" forum is meant to be players helping players, then it seems a bit redundant. Maybe merge it with the other players helping players forum, rename it to that, and delete the "Support Forums" section?
    Svenone and Tekka like this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@Sigrdrifa (and really anyone else that knows for sure) has there actually been a description of what was intended for this forum?

Yes, we can help each other, but isn't/shouldn't this be also a forum for devs/cs to respond to actual bugs/issues? I've seen Jamiss, Bunji etc, reply in multiple forums, including this one.

I will continue to use this forum to ask for help, where it comes from or how it's provided shouldn't be dictated by someone (no offense @Sig) "telling" me how to use it. There are some guidelines sure, for example I'm not going to go to Homeshow to ask for quest help.

Again, no offense and no "finger wagging tone" intended.

OP described a situation, they've tried CS (from post) now they are on forums. Never know where a response/resolution will come from.

At OP, I can only suggest take a breather, try again explain your situation (yes, again) and see where you go from there. Good luck!
    Dude likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Is your complaint that you can't solo current expansion group heroic zones? If so, then I'm pretty sure this is working as intended. If your complaint is something else, please clarify because I'm still not clear on it.
    Xianthia likes this.
  9. Ogdinmar Active Member

@Dude I don't think it matters bud. that person believes they are entitled and wants to have a reason to complain. And yes they are mad because they cannot solo current heroics anymore. However, Its easier to blame others for leaving a game than it is to just go if you are not having fun.

You just have to love all the Veruca Salt's that play this game.
    Dude and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. Spindle Well-Known Member

How long have you played this game? How many times have you helped other players, yes, in the Player Support forum? A long time and lots of times.

Customer Support/Service has been an industry standard denoting company/corporation support for decades. Player support has been generally accepted as players helping players in MMOs, FPSs, text, D&D, etc. The forum title is not new to the industry, it is not new to the majority of players.

Y'all know what happens when Devs come on to any forum, they get hassled, insulted, sworn at, belittled, etc. Treating the devs like feces on the forums has been an EQ2 norm since the game launched.

The disingenuousness expressed on these forums at times is both exasperating and amusing.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

How many times have you seen a post, like the one that started this thread, that clearly thought this was a place to get customer support?
    Tekka likes this.
  12. Tekka Well-Known Member

Correct. Not to mention that fairly frequently a member of The Team will respond here, ask for additional information, etc.

I figured 'Player Support' was a place for players to... come and get support, either from their peers, CS or The Team. I don't think it's up to other players to dictate what or how forums are used, so long as posts follow the general guidelines. It's a bit on the arrogant side.
    Rhodris, Xianthia and Dude like this.
  13. Dannni Active Member

Non fighters can still solo the zone but they’ve just made it harder for weaker characters to do it