Bug that I couldn't report because of the bug.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Kojacke, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Kojacke Active Member

So, oddly enough, the game started refusing to take any keyboard commands. wasd, c, r, t, u, etc. It wouldn't even let me jump! it was really weird... Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else.
    I was on my shadowknight, Zyphenos on Maj'Dul in my guild hall when it happened.

Thanks,
    Koji of Maj'Dul
  2. m4v3r Member

Hey there.
    Yes, I'm having this problem quite often. Let me guess, you just finished some business with a merchant?

Sometimes the focus of the keyboard stays on the search field from the merchant. Fix is easy, just use your mouse to move sufficiently far away from the merchant, so that any "background interaction" stops and you can use your keys again.

Hope I could help you.
    Best regards
  3. CrystalStar Member

I've had it happen but not always when I've been using the merchant. I've had it happen to the point that I had to log out of game and restart my computer to get the game to work with my keyboard. I thought the first time it was my keyboard. However, it continued after I bought a new keyboard. I also noted that my keyboard worked in every program other than EQ2. I couldn't even log into the game until I rebooted the computer. I started messing with the keyboard options and it seems to have stopped, but I'm not sure I fixed it.