BUG: Test Server not letting custom UI override the default . . .

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Alenna, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

Like the live servers do? this is a change that must have happened one of the previous patches this month since I had the custom UI going when the newest expansion went live. I had to do a clean install fo the game last night due to it causing my computer to freeze up and at times crash now whne I try to get my custom Ui back on the test server it won't over ride the default like it is supposed to on TEST only.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you have an eq2.ini file in your EQ2 install directory for test? And if so, does it point to your custom UI?

It should have something like:

cl_ui_subdir UI/
    cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI

3. Alenna Well-Known Member

that must have been it apparently the newer version of Drums UI which I can only extract from zip file to the folder did not have the eq2.ini file in them. So I used the drums UI auto install which has it and then extracted the newer stuff to replace the old stuff. thank you for your help.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I cannot get Darq Unified working on test either. Does anybody know how I would do something similar to make Darq work? I tried doing it like the instructions said for beta (which worked) and no luck so far. And these days, I am not as tech savvy as I once was.... *wonders if Tobey Keith could change the lyrics to his song "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"*
  5. Test Taffies Active Member

I use DarqUI with no problems, I simply placed it in my UI folder, unzipped and ran the .exe file and let it do its thing. Then I /loadui and change the default to the darkui default and go from there.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Maybe not the best way, but for UI stuff I open my live UI folder, copy the UI in question and drop it in the test folder. Then copy my live EQ2.ini file and drop that in the main test server folder.

Have never had an issue doing that.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.