/Bug: Temple of the Faceless - Heroic - Frost

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Tylia, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Tylia Well-Known Member

Title is wrong and no way to change.. I meant Sleepers Tomb Heroic.

While trying to run through Temple of the Faceless Heroic Sleepers Tomb Heroic Friday night with a group of friends, we were halted by Frost. We took down each of the pillars with no problem, but Frost never lost his regenerating buff. No matter how long we stood there and beat on him, his health never dropped below 98% before regenerating back to 100%. We purposely wiped to him several times thinking that might fix the problem. We evac'ed a couple times hoping that would work. Nothing changed. We would start the fight again, take down the pillars, his regenerating buff would remain and he would be impossible to kill.

We couldn't finish the zone because of this and finally gave up and went somewhere else. Please fix this!!!

EDIT: Also, once all of the pillars were down, he started chain casting Pile Driver repeatedly. On one of the pulls, he was chain casting this while 3 of the pillars were still up.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

FYI: Previous thread on the issue - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/st-forgotten-catacombs-heroic-frost-bugged.820/

You're not alone. Whatever the problem is, some of us have to do this fight like we're walking on eggshells, trying desperately not to break the script. And some folks have no problems at all, works perfectly every time.

I suspect it's class related. Some classes, have some abilities (or pets, or effects, or procs, or...?) that unhook the script, allowing pillars to die without removing the corresponding buff from frost. It's been implied that 'pets or mercs' killing the pillars is the problem.

The best way I have so far to get through the fight is...

1) Sit the DPS in a corner. Healer(s) heal the tank and take no other actions.
    2) Tank grabs Frost and pulls him a bit away, with autoattack and keeps his attention, no other actions.
    3) When pile driver/red text appears, tank interrupts (Either globules, or Blasphemy (SK spell) have worked for me)
    4) Dps swings around from the other side and kills the newly attackable column, autoattack and direct damage only. No dots, swarm pets, real pets, reactives, etc.. Keeping their distance from Frost
    5) Once all four pillars are down, everyone piles on frost and he dies.

It's overly cautious - but not knowing *what* action when we fight normally is unhooking it every single time (and we've tried a round of don't do this, don't do that, cycled classes out of the group, etc.. to try to narrow it down, but have come to no solid conclusions.) - at least it works.
  3. Tylia Well-Known Member

Thank you for that information. We will definitely give that a try. :)

And thanks for the link to the previous thread. I missed it.