[BUG] "Spirit Hunting" no longer updates after completing the weekly "Runaway Spirits"

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by SandsMans, Jun 24, 2015.

1. SandsMans Active Member

I've killed a few more "fabled spirits" in different zones after finishing the weekly "Runaway Spirits" and they no longer update the "Spirit Hunting" quest.

I assume that's a bug?

(Already /bugged in game.)

P.S I noticed the same thing with the weekly quest "11 bottles of Rum on the Wall". After finishing that I can no longer see bottles to click on for the "99 Bottles of Rum on the Wall" quest.
  2. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

That's working as intended based on Chrol's post here
    SandsMans likes this.
  3. SandsMans Active Member

Ahh, good to know, thanks!

They should put that in the quest text in the journal somewhere. :D
    Vainamoinen likes this.
  4. Chrol Developer

It will be, after today's hotfix!
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

I can see the spirits and kill them but the dog in Valdoons will not update my quest (killed him twice). If we are only able to kill 5 then why does it say 30?
  6. Chrol Developer

Because you also have to kill 30...
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

Okay so there's two, gotcha. But the Valdoons one might be bugged. Kill him and it says you failed to kill him or something like that.
  8. Chrol Developer

To reiterate, you have a weekly solo and heroic mission for the fabled dungeons. Those have 5 fabled spirit targets each. Updating the weeklies updates the main Spirit Hunting quest. If you complete both solo and heroic weeklies every week, you'll complete the main quest in 3 weeks. If you only do the solo weekly every week, it'll take you 6 weeks to complete the main quest. (All of this is similar to the Rum Cellar bottles of rum quests.)

Wording has been added to the Spirit Hunting quest to denote how these updates are obtained.

And I'll check on the Valdoon fabled spirit. Is that from heroic or advanced solo?
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

Solo and thank you for the explanation. Makes more sense now.
  10. Chrol Developer

Tested the fabled spirit werewolf in advanced solo Valdoons a few times and it updated the mission and Spirit Hunting quest on each kill. Uh...try using silver swords next time?
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

Give me a silver Ethereal sword and I'll be happy to use it. ;)

You're welcome to check my logs if that helps. I've only ran the zone maybe 4 times? So it should be easy to track down.
  12. Victor New Member

This thread made me feel better about the dozens of times I ran out the timers for stuff that gives useful Far Sea coins to beat on fabled spirits that give no credit. I'd feel even better if the darn things didn't come up at all if you aren't eligible for the kill credit, or just let us have credit all the time if we make a valid kill before it leaves the zone. It isn't possible for someone to remove a fabled spirits health, receive no credit, and not think their character is bugged. I hope Daybreak is inundated with ingame hate messages demanding that it's fixed, or at least explained in game without having to do forum research. Just sayin.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The spirits vary as to whether my summoner pet can hit them. I CAN'T use Elemental Blast on spirits for some reason, either.