[BUG] Pup Piper not updating and broken.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

This quest is bugged.
    1. with quest flute in hand, having THREE (3) pups in tow, and the quest STILL shows "Capture a pup,.." as though NOTHING was accomplished.
    2. the map does NOT indicate a Red Book indicating a quest turn in option for Oogthor.
    3. map DOES indicate a Quest Feather above Oogthor.
    4. only THREE pups total in the whole zone?
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

You only need one pup, and you have to land/stand near Oogthor for him to see the pup...he'll then pop a red turn-in book over his head and you can turn the quest in. The quest text won't change until you bring it back to him.
    Dude, Prissetta, Sejreia and 2 others like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

And as an FYI for you and others, do NOT use the Twark Transport Totem to bring the little guy back. He gets very confused because he can't teleport, and he'll just stand in place and look lost.
    Juraiya, Sejreia and Shmogre like this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

yes, am aware of that.
    the point.
    being; the fundamental CHANGE to how this expansion's quests are setup.
    unlike those who have photographic memories, who can remember every single detail they have ever been exposed to, I myself, probably due to the things exposed to during my military service, I have issue with recall and cognitive thought.

I have do not have the ability to read the minds of others, and have come to rely on the online resources to find/follow quests.

To me, it is as though those who run EQII *HATE* their patrons, not wanting to enable those who play to fully enjoy the environment(s) by hiding things desired, or putting near insurmountable barriers in the way.
    Juraiya and Sejreia like this.
  5. Sejreia Active Member

Find a Therapist

The Truth About Photographic Memory

It's impossible to recover images with perfect accuracy.
    By William Lee Adams, published on March 1, 2006 - last reviewed on June 9, 2016

59-year-old Akira Haraguchi recited from memory the first 83,431 decimal places of pi, earning a spot in the Guinness World Records.
    He must have a photographic memory, right? Not so. According to mounting evidence, it's impossible to recall images with near perfect accuracy.
    Certainly, some people do have phenomenal memories. Chess masters can best multiple opponents while blindfolded. Super card sharks can memorize the order of a shuffled deck of cards in less than a minute. But people with Herculean memories tend to be adept at one specific task—i.e., a person who memorizes cards may be inept at recognizing faces.
    Alan Searleman, a professor of psychology at St. Lawrence University in New York, says eidetic imagery comes closest to being photographic. When shown an unfamiliar image for 30 seconds, so-called "eidetikers" can vividly describe the image—for example, how many petals are on a flower in a garden scene. They report "seeing" the image, and their eyes appear to scan across the image as they describe it. Still, their reports sometimes contain errors, and their accuracy fades after just a few minutes. Says Searleman, "If they were truly 'photographic' in nature, you wouldn't expect any errors at all."
    While people can improve their recall through tricks and practice, eidetikers are born, not made, says Searleman. The ability isn't linked to other traits, such as high intelligence. Children are more likely to possess eidetic memory than adults, though they begin losing the ability after age six as they learn to process information more abstractly.
    Although psychologists don't know why children lose the ability, the loss of this skill may be functional: Were humans to remember every single image, it would be difficult to make it through the day.

copied and pasted from;

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200603/the-truth-about-photographic-memory

figured I'd save you the time :p

Though really, I'm sorry you had a bad day, try helping Mr. McScroogle and have a laugh or two while saving Frostfell :)
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you have troubles, Ceyarrecks, and I can understand your frustration, but I can guarantee you that the devs don't hate the folks who play their game. In fact, the developers been very helpful, interactive, and open to feedback and suggestions (in fact, one change is coming tomorrow that was suggested in these very forums - a fuel vendor in Twark).

While your signature says that it is the actions, not the words, that define a person, I would say in this case your words were too harsh. Born out of frustration, I know...both with the game and with your own limitations (believe me, I have been there myself). Respect is a two-way street, and we lose nothing by showing respect for the people that bring us the game that many of us greatly enjoy playing.

I hope you take this in the spirit it is intended, from one player to another, one fellow gamer to another. This was one quest out of dozens, perhaps hundreds, that you have done successfully (with The Final Blow being an outlier, as it was intended to be a more difficult test of everything we'd learned in our tradeskill careers). It is also a brand new questline that many others have gone through as well, so I would suggest giving the benefit of the doubt to our devs. Giving constructive feedback, saying what you think would be a good solution, using /feedback in-game, and asking your fellow Norrathians for assistance are good routes to getting you where you want to go.

I will be sure to /feedback the quest myself when I next get it on one of my toons; more voices asking politely couldn't hurt. In the meantime, please try to take the pup back to Oogthor and see if that completes the quest...I hope it works for you. Wishing you the best in Norrath and in life, my friend...
    Illeara, Juraiya, Dude and 2 others like this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you Sejreia and Shmogre for your inputs.
    It is well known that oppression makes even the wise mad.
    And while I expect some of my RL burdens may be washing over to here, it is this environment in the past that allowed me to relax,.. to not have to think,... to not have to recall every. single. detail.
    I do not appreciate the fundamental change here, where more of these burdens have been pushed onto the player, taking so much more for granted of the player.
    But let me come to a cessation, as I also know things will not improve, but only get worse.
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

A follow-up for other folks doing this quest who might also have questions:

As luck would have it, Shmogre's dailies were available today, so I was able to double-check the quest text and progression. ("Quest helper" is your small on-screen list of quest summaries, "Quest journal" is the full journal brought up by hitting "j".)

Initial quest helper text: "Craft a chokidai whistle"

<craft whistle>

Quest helper text changes to: "Capture a chokidai pup and bring it back to Oogthor"

Quest journal text (minus flavor text - see screenshot below):
    X "I crafted a chokidai whistle"
    - "Chokidai pups can be found across the river to the southwest, near the small iksar bandit camp."
    - "Capture a chokidai pup and bring it back to Oogthor"

Be sure to read the NPC text, the quest helper text, and your quest journal text (which has more details than the quest helper). Sometimes the quest helper text can be cut off; your journal has the full text and often has more information that can help.

[IMG]
    Juraiya likes this.