BUG pony frostfell harvest way off

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cloudrat, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Yes I suppose I could have tested and worried about how much the pony brought back on commons but since they are always available, and I have guildhall harvesters to fill the depot, it wasn't a priority on my list. This new quest reward added a chance to enjoy the holiday and decorating all year long with a stockpile of harvest. To accuse me of greed and ruining a discussion with my little rationales LOL
    [IMG]
  2. Sambril Well-Known Member

Not a chance - if a player is prepared to put in the time running around between nodes and manually harvesting then it **** well should return a lot more than a couple of clicks on an auto-harvester. The bonus you can get on top of manual harvesting, or while doing other stuff, is a very nice reward and is reason enough to run the questline.

You keep talking about 'epic' - the questline is actually marked 'signature' for most steps. The tradeskill epic is the Solstice Earring which has some nice bonuses and opens the pink shinies, but your character is by no means gimped without it. It suddenly does not make you twice as 'powerful' a crafter. Likewise the adventure epics do not make an adventurer twice as powerful.
    Deveryn and Avahlynn like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The ponies have never brought as much back as a toon spending the same 2hrs harvesting. Especially if that toon has ANY bountiful harvest bonuses.
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

You both are weird. :rolleyes: Feara chuckles

It is my favorite pastime to. Just not on the ice that makes me wanna *!@%*!!#!
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Fly right above the package. Go straight down onto it to harvest. Zero slippage.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Mermut, don't cloud the issue with facts!

lol ~
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

...unless you get hit with a snowball. ;)
    Feara likes this.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

I agree with Cloudrat on this one. I am happy that the pony will pick up holiday materials but very disappointed in the insignificant amount. One trip of my pony will give me enough T10 materials to complete the daily quest in the new content. One trip for holiday materials won't give me enough to craft one object most of the time.

I think the problem is the number of materials needed for the recipes. Most tiers have an estimated 20 different types of materials needed for the recipes (including rares). Frostfell has at least double that.

I realized if you have many many ponies, it will add up. I have only one that can harvest the holiday materials.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Good thing harvesting presents by hand goes fast, Cloudrat raked in 1200 mats in two hours and she stated she wasn't really pushing it and took a break or two. That's fast IMHO.
    Katz and Deveryn like this.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

The tradeskill "epic" earring is also a Signature questline. I was saying this was the Harvester "epic". Anyway the pony should bring in more mats, I am not sure why someone who logs on with a newbie toon should be able to harvest more than a long quested item that requires 90 levels of crafting as well as many quests in every tier.
  11. Sambril Well-Known Member

You are correct that the erring quest is also signature, I only remembered after I had posted, but I don't think I have seen anyone else refer to the Gathering Obsession line as epic, though I can see how you would.

Clearly we will never agree on this point.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If only for the fact that the rest of us don't have a vast army of alts across multiple servers. :p

I think if there's any problem with the materials, it's that you'll run out of certain things if you try and build something with the blocks. In that case, it might be best to pursue a recipe change.
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Who is us? Nothing about this thread has anything to do with how many crafters anyone has lol and my army should give you an indication of the amount of time and effort I have put in to understanding the crafting system as it changes, We can't mentor down to test things or level lock crafters, Spend more time crafting and less poking the bear:)
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It doesn't take much to understand the crafting system because there's very little to it. A person only ever needs to make one item to have most of crafting figured out. They can max one toon to have things figured out.

Mentoring and level locking are irrelevant to this conversation and crafting in general because it's all the same from one level to the next. After all, it only takes about 4 hours and change to get from 1-95 if you're fully prepared.

Generally speaking, you have a tendency to exaggerate the value of crafting and all the various quests and items. (Anything of significant value isn't so easily attainable.) In the case of the pony, we have something that's been around for a good 4+ years. It's served as a minor supplement (not a replacement) to real harvesting. It's only now, when it gives a certain amount of FF harvests, that you take exception? Now an event that is open to all levels of players shouldn't benefit those that get out and harvest more than those that pop in and out to to a click every so often? That doesn't sit well with me. Deny it all you want, but things like this only serve to benefit you the most, as you took made the choice to have so many characters and you took it to a level most people wouldn't. You're trying to set all these standards and change the game to suit you when you're in the minority of a minority.

Oh, and don't worry. I do spend more time crafting, as there's so few of me. :p
    Avahlynn likes this.
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

I took my 7 max level crafters through the latest expansion pony harvesting quest so that the pony could harvest the holiday materials. A few of them were killed several times but I completed the quests. It wasn't worth it to me to do those for the rares on the pony but was for the holiday materials.

I think cloudrat made a good point in regards to a level 1 character can harvest (at no risk) many more frostfell materials than the harvesting pony in much less time. It was a lot of work to get through all of the harvesting quests, especially the first one.

Am I seriously complaining? No, I'm just glad that they WILL harvest holiday materials.

I wouldn't complain if the amounts were increased of each item harvested though.
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

A level 1 player can harvest more regular materials than the pony at little to no risk 365 days a year. That's been the case for 4 or 5 years now. What's your point? Ignoring the cooldown, it only takes 2 clicks (barely a second) to pull materials out of thin air, where anyone out in the field is clicking a whole lot more and actually earning their harvests. I wouldn't complain about it either, but you can't possibly justify any kind of increase in what the pony gets for you. Hard work will always be more rewarding than shortcuts like the pony. It's been that way since day 1.

While we're looking at changing the flow of holiday harvests based on adventuring, how about we make sure the pony doesn't bring in too many harvests during NotD, because you're supposed to kill stuff for those and they don't always drop. It wouldn't be fair to adventurers if crafters could just sweep up so many harvests like that. Maybe they shouldn't even be on the list for holiday harvests the pony can pick up. :p The same could be said for E-Day in February.
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Looking at the brokers, it seems to me the people who don't want there to be an abundance of mats for the decorators to use during the year are the ones charging an arm and a leg for them now:) Why anyone cares if crafters have better ways to get materials is beyond me:)
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Greed and people actually paying the prices are what drive the pricing on the broker, nothing else.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I don't really think I understand. There are a huge abundance of mats, those presents spawn like mad. It's crazy fast to load up if ya just grab a snack, turn on good music, and harvest the zone. It's pretty relaxing and satisfying, too, at least it is to me. I'm building a walk in freezer and walk in cold room as well as a canning kitchen in game, so I've needed a lot of foodstuff. I therefore harvest frostfell mats a ton.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Sounds wonderful, doesn't really have anything to do with the mats return on the pony, which is insufficient because of using item count instead of understanding the ratios involved. A stack of ONE isn't a stack.