Bug: overflow on beta server

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Alenna, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

I logged into the new character i created with 2 bags in the shared bank spot and everythign that was in the bags that were in teh shared bank was put in my overflow I cannot mnove them into any inventory shared or bank slot. I get told I the item needs ot be in an bag slot to equip i'm not trying to equip i'm trying to put it in a bag slot I switched to a copied character and the overflow is there on teh copied one as well and I am unable to move things out of the overflow found a work around I have to press sort. that is not right

why does the shared bank stuff keep getting put in the overflow when in the first place? this happens everytime I copy over my characters.

User optimized: SOEbuild 10048T
  2. brokenshieldd Active Member

This happens to me as well on the Freeport server. One of my shared bank slots keep putting 3 of the items in the top row of it. In the over flow of the next character I log on drives me nuts.
  3. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I'm having a similar problem on Oasis server. I drop things into one of my shared bank boxes, and it shows them there, but then I switch to another toon and all the items I just put in the bank are suddenly in the overflow. Additionally, if I place a bag/box/sack into one of the boxes in the shared inventory it replaces whatever is in that shared inventory slot, including anything that might already be in that box, it's hella frustrating. Sony, please help/advise/fix??

I should add that this is a recent development, I'd guess the last 2 weeks or so.
  4. Caith Developer

PM me your characters name that they appear in overflow on please, so I can take a look.
  5. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Right now I have an unexplained overflow on Tierisch on the Oasis server. I logged in and found an overflow and have no idea where the item came from. She is the first toon I logged in on after the GU67.
  6. Caith Developer

If it only does it a single time it just means that the item was changed and the change required it to be removed from a worn slot. It looks like the item that you had in your overflow only moved once. If the item continues to go into your overflow slot every time you zone, or log off/on let me know.
  7. Lempo Well-Known Member

This has happened for a long time. If you copy a character over and put items into the shared bank and delete the character and copy the character back over again the items from the shared bank go to your overflow slots.

I always assumed the items (all game items) had a GUID assigned to them and the system pukes all over itself when it encounters dupes like this.
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

Forgot to quote you in my above message to be sure you see it.
  9. Caith Developer

Basically correct, for copied characters. The issue Tierisch was reporting was on a live server however, for an appearance item that was updated with this GU.
  10. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know if there are any other overflow issues. I have not done a lot of transferring between characters through the shared bank recently, so I can't say whether that issue is still ongoing.