[Bug] Lich + Enchanted Vigor

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Senya, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Senya Well-Known Member

I play a necromancer as main. Occasionally I had noticed that Lich was doing excessive damage when I was grouped but until tonight I couldn't figure out why. Tonight was raid night and throughout the night I'd periodically notice my Lich doing this excessive damage to my health during down times. Finally I noticed that this only seemed to happen if I got the illusionist buff Enchanted Vigor

WIthout Enchanted Vigor:
    [IMG]

When I would get buffed with Enchanted Vigor (an illusionist spell) this is what I noticed with my Lich:
    [IMG]

It wasn't doing quite as much damage as this text implies, thankfully, but my health was dropping rapidly. Roughly 7% per tick. Surely this is a bug in the way they stack. Can this be looked at?
  2. Parable New Member

I think EV affects anything with a health cost, for example, Mana Flow costs 20% health with EV on.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

EV also takes health with each tick. My necro has a neck piece that does 25% additional incoming damage, and she now does not regen enough health out of combat to negate lich lol! If I afk too long, I get to 0 and lose lich.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

EV makes the cost component of an ability double. This would include HP cost with Sanguine and Lich.
  5. Senya Well-Known Member

There's nothing in the spell description that indicates it would or should increase the damage done by Lich.

[IMG]
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

it's rather annoying when sitting around between combat. sometimes forget to cast Lich back on after afk :( HP drain gets even worse if have to run Bloodpact (pet AE block) - thankfully only a few raid fights for now. as if Lifeburning wasn't tough enough on healer already, with EV + Bloodpact it's actually falling into "not worth the risk" category.

damn Accelerated Decay circa TSO all over again when it used to drain your health like crazy. was last straw back then to switch to Conj. there aren't constant dot wipes at moment to push me over again, but the EV-caused HP drain is making it an unfairly unfriendly Necro buff
  7. Controlor Member

It says right there "Increases power cost of all abilities by 100%. The way it works is any "Health" cost instead of "Power" is considered the "Power" Cost. This is something enchanters have been dealing with since the Heroic AA line was put in the game. On power drain fights if an enchanter has EV on themselves and they cast mana flow it will 1 shot them. So it is "working as intended" which has been the case since what DoV?
  8. Senya Well-Known Member

As you said it says right there "increases power cost". I have a health bar and a power bar. If the intention of this is to double the cost (regardless of what it is) that's fine, but SOE should change the wording if that's the case.
  9. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

I'm 99% sure this *is* a bug. EV doubles the hp cost of lich and the aoe prevent as well. I'm quite sure it's only supposed to double the power cost. However, it might be very difficult for SOE to fix this.

The reason I'm very sure of this is: lifeburn. If it was meant to double the hp cost of things, it would make lifeburn take more hp. It doesn't. There's also a few other things out there that take HP that I can't think of right now that it doesn't double. I think it's just because lich and the aoe prevent have a recurring hp/power cost, both. Of all the things out there that need fixed, though this isn't too high of a priority. Lich anyway. The AOE prevent, just change the ability itself to just take hp and not power. There are much more critical summoner bugs though. Like pets (non mage) being broken. Not a big deal as mage pet is great, but it is a big deal for new players who want to use the tank pet at low levels.