[BUG] Guild Hall Harvest Depot

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by cadio, Nov 14, 2012.

1. cadio New Member

Leveling up in guild hall...Once you spend your first prestige point in Mass Production (rather you use it or not) you can no longer use the items in the Harvest Depot. I checked spending each point hoping it would fix itself at some time but alas no it doesn't.
  2. Rogue4Life New Member

As a guild leader, I don't think that's a bug.

The depot is wonderful for filling in those items members don't happen to have on them for whatever reason, but to let someone sit there and drain the box with minimal effort is a recipe for abuse.
  3. Grouse Active Member

I think the depots are broken. I haven't received any prestige points yet, but I also cannot use our guild depot. I just started a different thread on this very point.
  4. ITPalg Member

I have a petition in about this. The GM said to make sure the disable supply depot was not checked, but that box isn't there. I tried the default UI and it isn't there.

I was crafting writs away last night when suddenly it seemed I ran out of 80-89 items while on my alchemist. I camped and tried again tonight and eventually worked out that there is something wrong with the character. I can't see three of the edit options on the recipe book if I don't have anything on my person: Technique, Knowledge, or Recipe Book.

If I have mats on my person I can craft just fine.

I crafted on my sage and armorer to 95 tonight just fine, but they are in the other trees.

My alch only has 3 pts in first Mass Production, "Brilliant Techninque", 1 on the left, 3 on the right, and 2 at Systematic Conservation.

I just reset all my Mass AA'sm, relogged, and my edit page shows the above things back but I still show 0 materials usable. We have like 19845 quicksilver clusters yet when I hover over or try to create something needing it, it shows zero. Looking up a lower tier: Essence of Bloodbath V. We have 11988 porous loam, yet the components all show zero.

I just submitted a bug report linking this thread.
  5. cadio New Member

I am a guild leader myself Rogue, and I disagree. If the depot was just for items members didn't happen to have or have enough of then it wouldn't hold 20k of each item. Besides if you and member send out gatherers and their ponys and now the gobos, you will not run out of stock except for the normal commons like roots.

Also the only ones that are going to even get these skills will be hard core crafters like woodworkers, provisioners and carpenters. Even then they won't be making too many, if a woodworker makes 1 stack of 100 arrows then 100 stacks of same where are they going to put them all? If they do have room for 10k arrows doubt they will do much more. The guild provisioner will probably be the biggest mass user if they can afford the fuel cost.

Here is an example for you with my carpenter to make 100 strong boxes (which I do not have room for anyway) it will use 300 lumber, 200 pelts, 200 roots, 500 sandpaper - so would take a lot to use up 20k stacks from depot, except for the common roots like I said before.
  6. Sabaar Member

I took mass production and I was and am able to use our depot just fine. I did however notice that you get materials back from crafting items and they did not stack properly with the contents of the depot. IE: I had 18,000 rhenium in the depot and got 3 Rhenium back on a combine.. the two did not stack and thus caused the next combine to fail.

Hope this helps.

* edited to say I took 5 points in mass production to get the 100 item per combine on my weaponsmith, who is 95.
  7. cadio New Member

Update on the BUG - I noticed that as soon as you get the Skill - it auto changes the Disable Supply Depot check box.
    So it isn't a bug just my blind butt not seeing it at the time.
  8. Sabaar Member

You should get to know and trust your guild members that you allow to use your depot a bit better then. That is what ranks are for.
  9. Sabaar Member

It never once did that for me and I have leveled up several crafters since the update.
  10. ITPalg Member

I kept looking and looking, switching UIs and it is there checked.
    I never checked it. I did two characters just fine, and this alch I was working just fine when suddenly it stopped, so there still may be a bug somewhere.