{Bug/Exploit?}Coercers in Stygian Threshold Agnostic

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Bachoo, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Bachoo New Member

I joined a level agnostic Stygian Threshold on my level 20 warden and the following happened.

1. A coercer charmed one of the kobalds near the entrance
    2. The charmed kobald began doing obscene damage (saw it hit for around 1,300,000) one shotting each mob
    3. The group received very high experience. I leveled up each time a single mob died.
    4. The charm suddenly broke and the formerly-charmed mob one shot two group members before resetting.

This all happened in the span of about 10 seconds. I gained five levels before I dropped the group when I realized what was going on and submitted an in-game /bug report.

I cannot imagine this was intentional, if I had stayed and that trend continued I could have jumped from 20 to 60+ in the span of one run.
  2. Gudum Active Member

As far as the experience is concerned, with only base xp (no vitality, veteran bonus, or potions), you will get around 1k per kill at your level in all the ToT agnostic dungeons. There was some forum discussion on the amount of xp during beta, so the developers are aware of it. In comparison to the older agnostics, its probably not terribly out of line considering the increased difficulty of the mobs.

Not sure about the coercer charming the kobalds, don't recall hearing anything about it in beta, but it has been openly discussed in chat for a while so its hardly a secret. If DM does consider it an exploit, hopefully they will see this thread and let us know.
    claudia6913, Eles and Neiloch like this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

Besundheit!
  4. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed before now-I too, like the OP, did one of these on my warden-watched the coercer grab a kobold, and just go ham on the entire zone, and was told to just hang back at the entrance, and "enjoy the ride". There needs to be some consistency as to what is and is not allowed in this game. It's ok for one player to clear a dungeon in a level agnostic, but the dm runs weren't? Not saying either is right, or wrong-who am i to judge how others play?-all i'm saying, is be consistent in what you are and aren't allowing.
    suka and Labeleth like this.
  5. Laiina Well-Known Member

The xp part is not the problem, it seems to be that a few pets and mercs do not scale right from lower levels. Not sure though if this is a bug or intended. Been in there since they went live and has been discussed here before. Since nothing has been done after over two months I kind of suspect it is a "feature" that will soon be nerfed.
  6. Jumpity Member

I would assume that it is just not Coercers, but any class that can charm. The Fury comes to mind, not sure about what all other classes can charm...
  7. Laiina Well-Known Member

Yes, any charmer. It also seems to be happening to a lesser extent with some mercs in some ToT zones. I made a couple of throwaway chars to try and figure out the actual values and mechanics of it, and it appears that low level pets and mercs are getting too much of a boost at, but actual players not enough (seems like they get insta-smooshed by almost any mob in the zone).
  8. Eles Well-Known Member

But we need xp ...
    [IMG]
  9. Gudum Active Member

You can get enough of a boost in the zones to solo most of the mobs, provided you have very good gear, lots of AA, mastered spells/abilities, etc. The zones are apparently designed for group play, since some of the boss fights would be pretty much impossible to do solo, and the groups of mobs get too large for fighting solo or with only a merc.