[BUG] Doors Don't Fit - Halasian Housing

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sigrdrifa, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Either make housing have doorways that are correctly scaled to use existing doors available in-game, or else provide doors to fit these random-sized openings.

Right now I'm looking at the New Halas Magical Manor.

(1) The space under the stairs can be used as a room, but the door is way too wide for either the Carved Freeport Door or the Inlaid Qeynos Door. If you want a door there, you have to rebuild the doorway to fit.

(2) The door leading to the patio -- which a normal homeowner definitely wants to close to keep the arctic cold out! -- is also too wide for either the Carved Freeport Door or the Inlaid Qeynos Door. Since there's a door frame, you can "fake it" by using the Qeynos Door, making it oversized, and shove it down into the floor enough that the doorframe hides the top of the door. Or you can rebuild the doorframe. It would be better to have a door that fits.

(3) The basement room cries out for a double door. It is very wide. So does the big upstairs room with the window.

(4) The two upstairs rooms with fireplaces looks as if they're intended to be bedrooms. Bedrooms need doors. People do things in bedrooms that they'd like to be private.

If we're expected to rebuild the doorways, we need -- for this house, at least -- some railings that have the iron banding such as is used throughout the house, and also railings with the carved darker brown design.

Wooden columns like the ones on either side of the opening into the "kitchen" room where the built-in shelving is would be fab, they have a slightly larger base, an iron band above that, then the inset carved panels up the length.

And how about some stone building blocks/tiles that actually match the stone in the Halas housing?
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

It's the same concept where the Kelethin doors are concerned, and the arched Neriak doors. The Neriak doors don't fit the arched doorframes, and there are NO doorframes to fit the Kelethin doors, unless you construct your own. We don't have any doorframes to fit the halfling doors either. I mean, why a rectangular outer frame with a circular hole in it, that doesn't connect at the bottom of the frame couldn't be used, I've no idea. It really shouldn't be difficult to accomplish. :)

And round and oval window frames would be nice too. :)
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So long as the ovals fit the stained glass ovals we already have!
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The stair pieces are to difficult to use to try and McGyver into a door frame because they get really wide by the time you get them long and you don't want to eat up precious block spaces using 3 on each side just so your door doesn't have to be 15 inches thick to hide the stair pieces. The railings are a bit to thin and you cannot get them long enough so it will still take 4 of them to make the sides. Why not just an adjustable door frame. You place the frame and a pop up comes up that asks you what type of door you will be placing in it and it adjusts for that door? Or a pre-hung door, so when you buy the door, it come hung on the frame already.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The New Halas Magical Manor bedrooms, although the interiors are mirror images sharing the same fireplace, have different width doors! The second bedroom has a really wide opening.

Here's what I ended up doing to be able to use a standard Qeynosian door:
    [IMG]

That's 20 tiles, 8 railings, and 1 doorframe. The doorframe also has the wood planks running horizontally, which looks really weird, which is why I have tiles covering it.

The other bedroom doorway shows the doorframe block around the edges of the door at maybe half the width of the tiles I'm using above. I'll probably "panel" that with railings, too, since the tiles don't get any smaller.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

+1 yes several dozen times for this, and all of the suggestions. Though I think if it were moved/reiterated on the Wish Lists, it would also get read there, and we have had things acted upon from there! Not sure who's doing the reading of it and suggesting the changes to the devs, but I'm glad of it. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.