[Bug] Crafting expertise not returning any components

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Elinea, May 9, 2018.

1. Elinea Well-Known Member

I thought it might be intended as far as the orange runes or planar adornments (though I wouldn't agree with that either) but even making regular expert spells is still consuming the components when I see my crafting expertise shine through. Same for the proc on the coldain prayer shawl and the blessing of Brell.

So basically, none the crafting bonus freebies are working. I have no idea how long it's been like this, because it was working at some point after the launch of the current expansion. I'm also submitting this as a bug report in game, in the hopes that this will get fixed soon.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It *might* be good to note which crafting classes were not returning the components, as I've heard reports that it may be just certain ones having issues and others are fine. Then a dev goes to check one of the working ones, naturally, finds it working, and writes the rest off to user error. :(

This is a hard one to report in third-hand, due to lack of details and because it is not something that can be duplicated without grinding until you get a proc, so please DO /bug with specific mention of which crafting class (sage, jeweler, alchemist) is not seeing a return on procs.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I have all 9 different crafting classes, all maxed and several have gone through TS timeline for PoP. Universally, not once has Mass Conservation triggered a return of mats. Not once. And I've seen it go off multiple times as I do a lot of crafting, not just for myself, but for guildies as well. I have heard one of our guildies indicate she's seen something hit while she was making adorns for a guildie and got some message about adornment expertise and it returned the mats. Have not experienced this personally or have even heard of it happening with anyone else.
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

My play time has dropped off due to work and life, but I'm still around some. I decided to craft the expert version of an alt's spells, and took note of each "crafting expertise" proc, what spell I was making, and whether it saved the components. In my round of crafting, I got three procs of "your crafting expertise shines through!"

It was a sage, crafting warden spells. The 3 spells that proc'd and failed to conserve anything were: Healstorm IX,
    Tranquility V, and Healing Grove V. The components weren't saved on any of them.

In addition to this, I realized I was accidentally crafting a duplicate and clicked to stop the combine before I finished the first round, thinking I'd get back everything but the fuel. Nope, it consumed everything including 1 darkstone (all I got back was a single darkstone). I'm also submitting this as a bug report in game. I hope someone takes a look at this soon.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Well ive crafted quite of alot of the oranges as commision for friends/guildies and when expertise or prayer shawl happens they keep the items , however when making a grandmaster it consumes em , i made a few in the start of the expansion where people saved the master but that seems to be no longer happening , anyways my results where if it was a priest / mage spell then it always consumed but if a scout/fighter it kept em ( well not always )
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

In the more recent expansion, they've excluded nearly every recipe with meaningful components from actually working with crafting expertise and the shawl proc.
    Unfortunately, they've declined to tell us which recipes should and shouldn't be honoring it. Worse yet, they don't prevent the procs from going OFF.. they just prevent them from working.
    A 'proper' coding job would prevent the procs from going off, not from working once they fire. The QA part of me wants to go at them with fire and pitchforks for that part :p
    Quillyne and Rhodris like this.