[Bug] - Craft window bugginess

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Senya, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Today my alchemist was doing a combine for the shawl when out of the clear blue my progress/durability bars vanished and my entire list of recipes appeared instead. The combine was still in progress in the commission window but since I hadn't actually put my counters on my hotbar and the window changed I couldn't counter anything. I tried opening up my knowledge window but since I was trying to page thru to find the right counters to hotbar I only managed to get off one click. As a result I failed a combine. Thinking it was no biggy I'd just restart the combine I popped a commission window for my customer who had no Genuine Velium Powder any more and no Gnomish Pirate Spirits.
    Not only does the bug that whisked my crafting window need looked into, but can the return on the failed alchemist combine be the Genuine Velium Powder instead of the fuel? That little bug cost me 6p.

Also noticed that while doing the tailor combine the return for any bar except the 4th one is fuel. That one definitely needs changed so that a failed combine yeilds the siren hair, not the filament.
  2. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Do you use a custom tradeskill window? I have the bug with mine (pretty sure it's a DrumsUI piece) but I think I don't have it on my regular window. Once I commissionned or craft one item, next ones wont work.
    The first time it happened I had to go to knowledge book, sort by type (it comes back sorted my class) and tried finding the durability counters. Knowing that, I draged my counters on my bars on all my classes to be on the safe side if someone asked me a commission for the shawl.
  3. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

My tradeskill window is the default ui piece. That was the first time it had happened to me, but I've heard other people mention it. Since it did happen I dragged all my counters onto hotbars for all my crafters for any shawl combines I was doing, but getting fuel back on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd bar is something that needs looked at imo. Especially the thread combine where you're dealing with that heirloom piece of siren hair.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Senya wrote:
    The problem that you have here, is that you will always be out something. Here is what happens when you fail on each one:
    • Carpenter returns the fuel. This means you lost your Fresh Clay. Although since you pick them up 3 at a time, this isn't as bad as the others.
    • Armorer returns the Brellium. You loose the Rune Mold - but I'd much rather lose the Rune Mold than the Brellium.
    • Weaponsmith returns the fuel. I can deal with losing the fish and the hide.
    • Woodworker returns the Blank Brellium Rune. You lose the Burin, but at least you don't have to pony up another Brellium.
    • Alchemist returns fuel (as mentioned). It should return the Velium Powder. I can deal with losing the Gnomish Spirits.
    • Provisioner returns the fuel. Again, I can deal with losing the fish.
    • Sage returns the Liquid Velium. You lose the Cutlassfish Oil, but thats acceptable.
    • Tailor returns the fuel (as mentioned). It should return either the Siren Hair, or the Woven Frost Giant Beard. Obviously the Siren Hair would be the better choice, as it costs the most to replace. The problem with it returning the fuel or the beard is that, if the crafter wants to pay for the cost of the fail, the person commissioning the item would need to travel to Nek to replace the Siren Hair, and the crafter would have to reimburse them for their 10p cost.
    • Jeweler returns the Etched Brellium Rune. Here's where it gets tricky. Sure, you don't have to find another Brellium, so that is a huge savings... but you are back to the Alchemist stage as you lose the Liquid Velium Ink altogether. So not only do they have to find an Alchemist/Provisioner/Sage all over again (if you aren't able to do them yourself), the cost to replace all of that is quite a bit. On the plus side, at least they aren't replacing the Tailor components too.
    I agree though, there should be some adjustment. I would much rather get back the Velium Powder on the Alchemist combine, or the Siren Hair on the Tailor - over fuel. The rest I can pretty much deal with.
  5. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Senya wrote:
    I think you ran into a long standing but fairly rare commissioning bug. (Maybe not that rare, as I don't to much commisioning, and I've seen it three times). It goes back at least as far as TSO shard armor commisioning. Seen it once doing shard armor for someone, seen it once doing the pudding update for someone, and saw it during the shawl combine, when someone was doing one of the updates for me. Fortunatly, it was not a step where I lost anything important.