[BUG - cosmetic] Tinkering Daily

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Londiar does not have a quest book over his head when you finish the new tinkering daily (verified with a skill 25 tinkerer).

A /bug has been submitted, so I'm just posting here to save other folks the trouble of bugging it.
  2. Jrel Well-Known Member

Whoa.. I know there is a daily adorning quest. But, where is the daily tinkering quest?
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

Test Server patch notes 2/17 under Quest:

Londiar Inygad now offers daily transmuting and tinkering quests
    Jrel likes this.
  4. Jasym Member

I did the Tinkering daily quest today. First off, I'd like to say a big thank you for adding the transmuting and tinkering dailies :)

Along with the bug that Niami mentioned I found another one.

I started with a 34 skill and received the Military Requisition Pack I, which included the All Purpose Sprocket recipe. I unpacked the Pack and scribed the recipe. Then I went into my house where I craft. After zoning in all the contents of the bag in my first inventory slot went to my inventory overflow, including the bag and I also had another copy of the All Purpose Sprocket recipe (already scribed) in the inventory overflow. Once I unloaded the overflow and finished the quest, I zoned out and once again the bag and a new recipe were in my inventory overflow. After turning the quest in the recipes remained in my inventory.
  5. Jasym Member

Happening with the Transmute Daily Quest, too. The first bag in inventory went to my overflow and I received extra pack to transmute. Seems to be connected with the zoning
  6. Gudum Active Member

Another bug on the daily tinkering quest is that only completing the combine to the first bar does not create the item, like other tinkering recipes, but instead returns the materials (probably does not return the fuel, forget to check that). You still get a chance at a skill-up, so this would allow you to go from a skill of 1 all the way to 500 with just a single day's quest.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Caith's already aware of that issue, Gudum, and is tackling it.

As far as the zoning issue, here's what I just put in via /bug:

You can obtain an infinite number of materials to transmute while on the transmuting daily task.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Obtain the transmuting daily from Londiar.
    2) Unpack the resulting "Box of Old Boots"
    (Total number of boots to transmute = 10)
    3) zone
    4) The entire contents of the container in bag 1, plus a "Box of Old Boots" dumps into overflow.
    5) Move everything from overflow back into inventory
    6) Unpack a "Box of Old Boots" again
    (New total of boots to transmute = 20)
    7) Zone
    Repeat of steps 4, 5, 6, with a new total of boots to transmute = 30
    8) Zone, repeat steps 4-6, with a new total of boots to transmute = 40 ... etc
    PROTIP: Have nothing at all in bag slot one, and testing the overflow dupe bug is much faster, as only the box of old boots ends up in overflow. ;D

Cosmetic: When you transmute the required number of items, the journal says "I should return to Londiar with the adornments." We're not making adornments, though, but fragments.
    Tierisch likes this.
  8. Mophia Active Member

Well I started a thread on in testing, but no feedback on it yet, so posting here too.

Picked up the new tinkering daily. Was doing Brewday so zoned. Hit the overflow and bag bug. Eventually handed in the tinkering, and thought ok, I've been told this will now stop!!!!

Picked up the adorning quest.

HOWEVER the bug hasn't stopped, now I'm getting an adorning book every time I zone, to add to the 20+ tinkering books.

AND I still can't have any bag in slot 1.

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't sell the books, I can't delete the books, and my bags are filling up so fast I daren't play that new char.
  9. Tierisch Well-Known Member

The tinkering daily also says, after you complete it, you should turn in your adornments. seems someone just copied and pasted for all 3 daily quests.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Mophia, I am going to say that character, specifically, is solidly bugged now. The issue with zoning is NOT happening to those of us getting either of those quests anew. (I just re-tested it by grabbing both quests and zoning, and had no issues, just as I re-tested it several days ago and it was working fine, finally.) Have you tried grabbing the quests and then deleting them immediately to see if it will reset things for you? Sorry to say you may need dev help with this one, which can be hard to get. :(
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

We've been getting lots of little tradeskill updates going from test to live (and even a few mostly by-passing test on the way to live). Any word on when these updates will make it to live since they've been on test for about a month now?