[BUG] Cannons Away and Thurgadin Daily

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nindaene, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

I did the daily faction quest in Thurgadin where I had to make 5 more portable cannons, but I hadn't finished Aggi's questline or done "Cannon's Away" yet. When I tried to do "Cannons Away", making the cannon does not update the quest. I've made 2 cannons and the quest still will not update. It just keeps telling me to make a portable cannon.
    I'm now stuck and cannot continue this questline because of it.
    Note: I've already filed a petition and submitted a bug, but thought that I would post it here as well so others could see and not make the same mistake I did.
  2. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Nindaene wrote:
    There are two different cannon recipes. The "Cannons Away" cannon (which is also a house item) is not very portable; Mikk's daily quest asks you to make a new portable version. You can find the recipe (as your quest journal should hint) on the table in front of him (click the book). This is also where you'll find some other components needed for some of his other quests you'll get in the coming days.
  3. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

(( This is not a bug, it is just a (possibly poorly worded!) quest asking for one of two very similarly named recipes.
    The recipe "Gnomish Cannon" is a Workbench-based recipe. This is scribed from the quest item "Blueprint: Gnomish Cannon", given to you by Aggi as part of her questline.
    The recipe "Portable Gnomish Cannon" is a Forge-based recipe. This is scribed from the "Thurgadin Supply Manifesto", which you pick up from the table next to the daily faction-quest questgiver in Thurgadin.
    Despite their names, these are different items. I suggest you check which one you are making. I forget now how the quest is worded, but it might not be (precisely) correct. ))
  4. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

(( Gah Domino posted whilst I was posting :p ))
  5. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

OMG you solved my problem!! The problem lies is what Aggi asks for... she asks for a "Portable" cannon. When I checked my journal for the portable cannon, I kept finding the one from Mikk - not the one from Aggi. The recipe that Aggi wants me to use is the "Gnomish Cannon" recipe.
    Plus - Mikk asks for MORE cannons...which made me think that they would be made just like the one that Aggi wants. However, Mikk's portable cannons are made on the forge and Aggi's cannon is made on the workbench. That's incredibly confusing.
    Is there a way that you can update what Aggi asks for so that it doesn't say "portable"? And change Mikk's cannon so that its made on the workbench too? That would have saved me a HUGE headache, because I would have just clicked the workbench and seen 2 cannon recipes. The whole time I was making the "portable" one on the forge with no update.
  6. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

I'll see if I can improve the wording :D
  7. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Many thanks.... as always!!! :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Thanks again Domino! I don't know what the new wording is, but I did see that a clarification was patched in with this morning's patch.
    You rock. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Thanks.. I made 4 of the Aggi cannons before my brain clicked that it wasn't updating the daily task. Then I read the line about the recipe book laying next to Mikk.
    Because it said "more" portable cannons, I presumed them to be the Aggi ones - which were very portable because I had to carry one out to the battlefield and it looked rather small.