[BUG] Adds randomly swarming in large numbers, several zones effected

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Arieva, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

I think theres something happening with adds on certain encounters right now and it isn't intended. I run alot of zones and I'm seeing an add mechanic seemingly malfunction on SEVERAL different scripts. This has been something I've witnessed in zones in the last..week? And not not before then.

For example: Final mob in Repository of secrets last night. First pull we were absolutely swarmed with adds. Dps was 790 million groupwide over a 2:34 second fight before I called for an evac because adds were spawning so fast that we couldn't keep up on them without the named healing to full. We did use rising tide on the pull so the initial dps spike was considerable. They appeared to be spawning 3-4 at a time, not normal for that script. Next pull we had 1 add..just one. Fight took 1:08 seconds and groupwide damage was 1.1 bil. Obviously no rising tide that pull because reuse was down. Setup was Pally, Conji, assassin, troub, defiler illy.

Other encounters I've seen the same thing happen:
    General Janosz in Kaesora:Xalgosian Stronghold. Reavers were popping 3-4 at a time and we assumed maybe something was changed in the script such that you were penalized by more adds for damaging him when his bulwark was up. However he was randomly spamming his bulwark message over and over. Reavers overan us. Finally just slow burned just the reavers and got it down. However I've been back to the same zone several times since and NOT seen it reproduced.

I don't know if its something happening with one of the classes we have present or what. Again with reaver as I recall it was a pally tanking, illy was present, as well as conji. Other setup probably had some variability.
  2. Kander Developer

Is this happening now? Have you seen it since Tuesday?
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yes the encounter described in spire happened late wednesday, early thursday in the AM.
  4. Kander Developer

We have fixes for these issues going in on December 6th. Should make these way more manageable.
  5. Krystalea Member

Does this included the Forgotten Sanctum? Or should i ask how many adds the third named should spawn? Sometimes we get 2, sometimes 6, its not consistent. And that's each time he spawns them.

Thank you!
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yes I've experienced it there too..I couldn't recall the name on the encounter so didn't specifically mention it
  7. Inyuyasha Member

Not sure if the latest patch has addressed this or not but on this last Wednesday the first name in Kaesora:Xalgosian Stronghold (cant remember the name) he would spawn anywhere from 3-9 crocs at one time. For a while now he would only do 3 crocs at around the 10% intervals (give or take). Our first thought was that he would spawn more if we did not switch to the adds and just stay on the name, kind of an extra thing, but even when we switched he would do it. Now our group has gotten better geared since the first time in there so maybe our AOE dps is burning the name down to quickly while on the adds and it is triggering this extra thing. I am just not sure on what is going on. Any help would be appreciated. Also on the last name still have not figured out his fail condition where he gets all upset and decided to AOE for 20 m a pop until all are dead
  8. Tsurupettan Active Member

Today we ended up with 12 crocodiles (4 separate linked groups) on the first spawn at 90%.
  9. Ludcer New Member

Yes, unless there is an intended (and unknown) mechanic to prevent multiple spawns of adds, this is still broken.
  10. Bearr New Member

Did Captain Vhankmin tonight, at 90% he spawned about 9-12 crocs. Seemed if noone attacked him he would only spawn 3, but every time we tried to attack either the adds or the named, adds would continue to spit out. We tried both singular focus and various targeting schemes without success. We were wondering if a debuff or proc might be making the named spit out a ton of adds since if we all turned attack off only 3 would spawn.

We have killed this named quite a few times and usually only get 3, sometimes a few more.

If there is a mechanic we aren't doing correctly i wish someone would clue us dummies in.

Group make up was
    Berserker
    channeler
    defiler
    assassin
    swash
    brig
  11. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Had that in Arcannse as well yesterday... Jello cubes spawnin like there is no tomorrow... As soon as one patch was on 90% life, another batch spawned... This behavior is then stuck to that ID. So wiping/evac and another try doesn't help.

If you want to check the ID, its on Yghi on Thurgardin. I haven't done a zone reset.