Buffs/Mounts/Pets resetting after every level - AA related

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Carynn, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

I have an AA-related issue that has cropped up in the past, supposedly fixed, but I couldn't find a solution to it in a search. I have a new toon in a cast of thirties. When AAs opened at 10, I ignored them and I started getting the automatic solo preset. When I hit about level 20, I needed to set my AAs to keep from dying (Illy Convert Power/Mana Flow combo ftw). I started a new unused slot on the AA spec. Filled out my AAs to cap in the order I wanted. Committed. Moved on. Then I leveled and zoned, and everything reset - buffs, mounts, pets, etc. I got the warning that I used too many AAs, which was brought up in past threads. The solution was to build another AA spec without using all your unearned AAs, i.e. only use the AAs that you actually had.

So I take a new unused slot, build a new AA spec using only the AAs I have earned so far. Save. Commit. Move on. Every time I level, everything resets, but not every time I zone. AAs do not uncommit. Tried the third AA unused spec slot. Every time I level, everything resets, but not every time I zone. AAs do not uncommit.

I have tried resetting my character ui (deleting server_name_ui in the eq2 folder) and that has zero effect on AAs (and pet names/behaviors). I have tried building yet another spec again. I have tried uncommitting and recommitting. Now, I'm stuck with nothing else I can come up with to try.

Any suggestions? Also, is there a way to delete saved AA specs?
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Updated to add; AAs seem to stop working with every level as well, now. I have to go to build and recommit to get it to stick.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You are not the only person with this problem. I have a friend with about fifty or so characters, and two of them have this issue. Every time he levels, his AAs reset, and he has to recast every buff, including his mount. Not such a fun thing when you have a group of four or five running through heroic dungeons and leveling quickly.

One of the characters is a guardian; I'm not sure the class of the other. What class is it happening with for you?

Btw, I recall that there was something strange going on with abilities going gray and unselectable in the AAs at certain points; going back and removing the last thing he selected would "fix" it in that things won't go gray if he selects something different, but it means he can't really do up his AAs the way he wants to. Often he has to select things he would never have any intention of using, but that he has to select, to prevent everything from graying out.

It was a work-around that the CSRs gave to him; they behaved as though it was a complete solution (even though it's really quite unacceptable), and I don't know if they ever reported it to development as a bug.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Illy is the class I'm playing on the new toon. It was bug reported in the past as happening to BLs and they 'fixed' it, according to that thread.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

My friend just gave me an update: With his necro, he wanted to fill in the heroic line early, because there were some skills in there that he really wanted right away. He didn't fill in the first two or three tabs with any AA points, but skipped them for now. Now, the Heroic tree was added later, and originally it had a requirement that you had to be level 80 to put any points in there at all. (I think it was introduced either with Sundered Frontier, or Velious, I'm not sure which.)

So there MAY be a bug in that tree where if you put points in that tree FIRST - or at least, if you start putting them there where they will be active before you're level 80 or so - it may glitch. Now, the other interesting thing is that he put points into one of the Dragon lines first, before putting points into the Heroic tree, and when those are first active - before the Heroic ones kick in - he has no problem. It's only when he levels his AAs to when they start going into the Heroic tree that everything resets each time he levels.

I'm unfamiliar with the Illusionist - I have one, but she's very low level, and I haven't played her in a couple of years. (Other than holidays, which I don't count.) So I don't know what tab you're on when you're going for the skills that you particularly want. Maybe it would help if we know where they are. It might let us know if there's any consistency when it glitches for you.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

Maybe it is the heroic thing. I start with Mana Flow (first tab), then do Heroic and Dragon, then back to first tab stuff. This is the first toon where the option of 'place anywhere' was available. Perhaps it really isn't 'place anywhere.'