Budget laptop

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Reshi, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Reshi Member

I am thinking of a buying budget laptop mainly for work. However I would like to play EQ2 on it here and there. Can anyone recommend minimum spec that is needed for play EQ2 on laptop please?

Also I take it that that EQ2 is more CPU bound than GPU right?
  2. Pergor New Member

Everquest II is actually VERY dependant on a good graphics card - if you get a laptop with an Intel graphics card, it'll be a shaft. Don't do that. Honestly. Some, preferably nVidia GeForce, graphics card with at least 512MB would be good.
    Also eventhough you can select an option for EQ2 in the game options to support multiple cores - EQ2 was neither optimized, nor ever developed with multiple cores in mind, so don't expect a quad-core to have any advantage over single CPU ones, so you'd need the cores to have a high speed each.

About RAM, from personal experience I can tell you that 4GB will be the absolute minimum. You'll enjoy the game much more with at least 8GB RAM, 12GB being perfect.
  3. Reshi Member

Thanks for the reply. Will a GeForce 720 M with 2GB ram any good for EQ2? Thanks
  4. Cenen of Permafrost Member

Even though EQ2 doesn't use more than one core, a dual core processor will help because EQ2 will max out one of the cores. Regarding RAM, what's the maximum RAM EQ2 can use? I thought 2 GB was the max because it's a 32 bit application.
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

1Gb used to be the minimum requirement for EQ2, but I wouldn't ever try without at least 4Gb.

Here's what you need to know: https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10562/kw/EQ2 system requirements