Bruiser Optimization

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Euredia, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Euredia Member

Before I re-up to play PoP, I wanted to know what the new build for Bruisers is and if it is worth it at this point? I really enjoyed the game but when Zek came out I was ticked and done for awhile. Thoughts?
  2. The Fonz Active Member

Best build for Bruisers is the betrayal token.
    Mindsway likes this.
  3. Euredia Member

Is there a monk build that folks are following?
  4. The Fonz Active Member

Dragonfire and the skill in prestige tree that resets it. I would just go to EQ2U and search the best guilds. Look for well-geared Monks and look through several of the builds. You will see common patterns, just take the obvious and add the small things you want.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

just check monks like pidz, aiho, nalol on EQ2u ... they'll show u a bit the builds u need to get on monks

bruisers are not that great right now, sadly. monks are OP. DF is a beast and that's all there is to say.

they plan a class balance during summer .. hopefully bruisers will get back up there :)
  6. Drona Well-Known Member

I haven't played my alt Bruiser for many years so I can't comment on how bad they were etc. However, I betrayed him to a monk and found i can play with my eyes closed! 75% of my parse came from Dragon fire!
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

it's not that they are "bad"

it's just monks are too good.
  8. Dannni Active Member

I hear people think DF was increased by 1000% rather than 100% and the devs still havent got round to noticing it. Sounds plausible.
  9. duckster Active Member

Starts hoarding the bruiser masters that no1 can sell on broker in preparation ...
  10. Pickleweasle Member

Bruiser + snaps = cool
    Bruiser that snaps = dead 4 seconds later because the healer is WTF just happened!
  11. Pertinax New Member

I did this for my bruiser already.
  12. Baldzilla New Member

Bruisers take dmg better than Monks. Monks have dragon fire. Dragonfire ain't everything.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

bruisers have a 70% DR temp ... I guess they can mitigate damage quite ok :)
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

but yeah overall ... bruiser take more damage.

bruisers have 10% physical DR (epic1) - monks have 10% DR (epic2)

monks have a tiny bit more mitigation.

stoneskins ... most are physical for the bruiser. Except stone deaf. And on the prestige part, our defensive part increases our physical mitigation .. again.

monks on the other hand, have their magic ward, superior guard isn't limited to physical. And on the prestige part, they can get a small ward when avoiding andblocking an attack.

So yeah ... monks are better suited for any kind of damage while bruiser is really focused on physical (which isn't the most found damage type in this xpac)

also the "fun" part .. is I did some testing. betraying my monk to bruiser and with roughly the same stats (105k potency), and mostly experts. I did some dummy training.

I had 8 dummies and hit for 10 minutes as bruiser then monk.

roughly, all abilities hit for same amount.

for exemple :

bruiser shoulder charge : ENC dps :
    Monk charging tiger : ENC dps :

bruiser beatdown : ENC dps :
    Monk crescent strike : ENC dps :

The bruiser doesn't really stand out. And the monk has a better flow because most of the monk's abilities have lower CD.

and all of that, I didn't use temps like perfect form or brutal stance, nor the monk intercept. Since I had no damage done to me, but I used void strike.

so without even beeing able to use one of the monk's best ability (their intercept - yes it does nice damage still), and without using the monk's awesome temp ...

you already have :

bruiser AoE DPS :

monk AoE DPS without DF/shock of the master :

monk AoE DPS with DF/ without shock of the master :

What I liked about the bruiser was the brusty vicious combination. U cast it and then u go all in, to proc as much as possible in 20 seconds. It went same direction with void strike, consistent damage, but on short fights, u should be able to do amazing burst, CA + melee hits for 30 sec proccing non stop.

and they felt less like a flow. Because of the higher recast time. While monks are really consistent. lower recast, so u always have CAs to cast, while on a bruiser, if u go all in, then there is a window where everything is on CD. So even if the damage of CAs overall isn't too different, u really feel that both classes have differences in playstyle.

but then DF.

now bruisers have less burst, they SHOULD be topping the parse in short fights compared to monks. And monks don't care about the flow, now they care only about the fire. And monks have those 8 seconds of huge damage that can be reset ... so they win the burst AND the consistent damage.

if bruiser dps would have to be on par with monks, u'd need more than 8% fervor boost to CA. .. u need to find a way to add 8 billion dps (on dummies). u'd need more like a 70% damage increase. Easy