Bruiser Offensive Stance Smoldering Fists seems underpowered

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Creasote, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Creasote Well-Known Member

It seems kind of weak in both Pve and pvp. The level 95 version.

The + 78 to combat skills is really not that much considering its equal to a few white adorns. Does adding to combat skills increase both auto attack and combat arts?

The proc Engulf only procs 2.0 times per minute and barely shows on the parse.

I have also noticed that when I put points in taunt damage on the dragon aa tree that my damage from taunts is often higher than my combat arts making me believe my combat arts are underpowered.

Just some observations. Anyone have recommendations? Should I just stay in defensive stance?
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Cant say specific for bruisers but on my monk and zerker i Always stay on the defensive stance cuz those bonuses are greater IMO, especially with AA.

The small loss of combat skills is easily fixed with adorns/reforging.. Get sum strikethrough at the reforger and you'll be good =)

By adorning castspeed whereever you can you get a lot of reforging options.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yea, just stay in defensive. If you want to dps and you're reasonably sure you won't be tanking, you can use Reckless stance.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

The quality of my paladin offensive stance is "apprentice", i stopped using it probably around 50,

Few tank actually use the offensive, even when they solo.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Paladins actually tank in Offensive, btw. At least all the ones I've grouped with since their Offensive stance actually became good around SF do.
  6. Mahgnus Member

They're doing it wrong then. O stance for all fighters atm largely goes unused for good reason, its simply a waste.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Note: I've actually mostly been w/ Zerkers and SKs this expac, and hadn't does heroic content in CoE so I really am not entirely sure of the currentness of the statement :p
  8. Genghes Active Member

Def stance is the way to go for most tanks. There are a lot of defensive based procs that one would lose out on if you aren't avoiding attacks.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Offensive stance is useless for every tank. You're either in Defensive or Recklessness. There is not a single reason to use Offensive.
  10. Mahgnus Member

qfe
  11. Creasote Well-Known Member

Bumping this for AOM expansion purposes.

Brawler expansion offensive stance is still ****. The proc is weak and penalties too high. Leaves us with no choice other than defensive.

The new prestige tree only addresses defensive stance from what I see.

Please look into some adjustments for the offensive stance.
  12. Achirin Active Member

+1. I'd really like to have an option other than reckless for when I'm not tanking. Tried reckless once and the extra 50% damage taken ended up being too much with all the dots and AoE damage, healer couldn't keep me alive.
  13. Stylish Active Member

I agree, reckless puts dps into "rip agro" range (even with the dehate).
    I ran my guardian (who I consider to be the 87th best on my server) with a bruiser in reckless and it was difficult to keep agro.
  14. ingenius Member

reckless doesn't cancel most hate procs off gear or aas etc which makes it anoying plus i believe even an aoe not targeted at the reckless fighter will cancel it making it awful these days due to aoe happy mobs. secondly fighters since tov have been geared towards dps from being hit or dodging something rather than the actual attacks fighters use making them less than optimum dps.